Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Glass/Plastic/Crystals in Sukari Babyfacial

I bought a 1 oz size Drunk Elephant Sukari Babyfacial and noticed from day one that it had a little grit in it. I never tried this product before, so I figured it was supposed to be like that. Each time I used the mask, more and more of this “grit” would come out. Today, while finishing off the bottle, large chunks of what looks like glass/crystals or some sort of sharp plastic came out. I opened the bottle and was shocked to see a ton of this dangerous stuff inside!! Has anyone else had this happen? This easily could’ve caused injury, not to mention that this product isn’t cheap, but I at least expect it to be safe.

Re: Glass/Plastic/Crystals in Sukari Babyfacial

Thats scary! I hope you get return it.

I’m so glad I found this post. I just bought the full sized product 2 months ago and every time I’ve used it (5 or so times so far) there have been large chunks of this crystalline material. The last time I used it one of the sharp pieces sliced my skin. It was so freaking expensive and I love the product but I really don’t want to use it again.

I’ve had my Sukari baby facial 50 ml size for a couple months now. I remember one time a chunk of something clear came out. It was probably the first time I used it because I remember wondering if it was supposed to be a scrub. I just went in my medicine cabinet to check it out after I read this and there wasn’t anything chunky coming out at this time. Hopefully no more chunks are in there. That’s a little weird, but I believe it’s truly just precipitation of the acidic ingredients.

Omg this is my first time using it and I really hope the crystals are just what you said!!!! If not I’m so disappointed 😥

the acid in this has been oxidized from its contact with air. it also happened to my vitamin C. just wipe it off, it's not a big deal. the rest of the juice is ok. 

RE: Glass/Plastic/Crystals in Sukari Babyfacial

Most likely crystallized salicylic acid! That happens when a product containing the acid expires, touches too much oxygen, or is just plain old. When did you purchase? It might have been sitting in the warehouse or on the shelf for too long. Hope it doesn’t happen again! 😣

Hi @cocopa,

I'm really sorry to see that! I'm going to send you a private message to assist you with this.

Always,

Danee

Anonymous Insider

I also purchase the product and after a few months the crystals starts to get larger every time o use it. Thought maybe it was spoiled so I through it away. I really like it the first month I used it. After that the product was not the same when o frost used it. 

just wondering if it was ok and was it a mistake to throw the bottle away. Is this normal?

thanks

Glass/Plastic/Crystals in Sukari Babyfacial

oh wow @cocopa I've never seen this before!

RE: Glass/Plastic/Crystals in Sukari Babyfacial

That’s AWFUL, I would definitely notify the company of such matter!
10 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
Photos1
testing