Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Gentle cleansers!

Hey everyone! I’ve been on the search for a great gentle cleanser for my sensitive skin; but hit a road block. There are just so many to choose from!! I’ve been using the Caudalie milk cleanser for months now but find it leaves a residue on my skin, preventing it from feeling as clean as I would like. Would love any suggestions, or to hear what has work for you! Thanks so much 🙂

RE: Gentle cleansers!

Hey @OldHagg , I also have sensitive skin and have bee in using Tatcha’s skin care line. Highly recommend their Deep Cleanse! It’s so soft and gentle on the skin, doesn’t over-dry. Seriously, it’s been a game changer!

Re: Gentle cleansers!

@OldHagg Another vote for Fresh Soy Cleanser! It removes all your makeup and skin feels clean but not stripped or tight. I have combo skin and it does not leave any grease or residue behind either, even on my oily patches. I have been using it for years up until recently when my pregnancy hormones decided my skin hated it 😞 I have been using other gentle cleansers but nothing I found is as good. I cannot wait until baby is born and my skin calms down so I can start using Fresh soy cleanser again! 

@OldHagg Glossier Milky Jelly cleanser 

@OldHagg I liked REN Clean Skincare Evercalm™ Gentle Cleansing Milkbut switched to pure+simple's cleansing milk because it's just as gentle but takes off light eye makeup looks too!

Hi .. you can try Fresh Soy Cleanser very gentle and rich in antioxidants.

Kate Somerville has gentle gel cleanser. It’s non striping and leaves your skin super soft

Gentle cleansers!

I have tried several, but I find that I keep coming back to Korres yogurt cleanser. It foams a little, but is gentle. I'm dry and sensitive, but I still want to get really clean. After cleansing, I use all of my nurturing and hydrating products.

Hey @OldHagg, have you tried either the PHILOSOPHY - Purity Made Simple Cleanser or IT Cosmetics Confidence in a Cleanser Hydrating Facial Cleanser Serum 5 oz/ 148 mL, they're both milky cleansers that don't feel like they strip or dry out my skin (the Philosophy one especially) and don't leave a residue. I especially like these in the morning to rinse my nighttime routine off. You could also do a follow up with a micelle water if you feel like anything is leaving too much of a residue. The PHILOSOPHY - Purity Made Simple Micellar Cleansing Water doesn't leave a residue, IMO. The SEPHORA COLLECTION - Triple Action Cleansing Water and the SEPHORA COLLECTION Triple Action Cleansing Water - Cleanse + Purify 6.76 fl oz/ 200 mL also are good, just not my faves.

For removing make up and other products from the day, though, I do a double cleanse at night (I recommend Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 3.4 oz/ 100 mL and as others have suggested below, Youth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser 8 oz / 237 ml, which are both gentle, but not the same consistency as what I think you're looking for).

Good luck!

Try Shisedio Wasu gentle face cleanser. Gentle and effectively removes makeup.

I've loved the FRESH - Soy Makeup Removing Face Wash for years but currently using the Youth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser 8 oz / 237 mland it really gets in there without irritating or leaving any residue behind.

Hi @OldHagg,

I love the fresh Soy Face Cleansing Milk 6.7 oz/ 198 mL.  I have found this provides a deep clean without overdrying.

Best,
Rebecca

@OldHagg 

CeraVe is an oldie but goodie; their formulas are classic for a reason. I can't speak to your particular sensitivies because everyone is different, but their entire lineup is fragrance-free (a trigger for many), and generally well tolerated by lots of folks.  

Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 14 Contributors
testing