Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Fresh Creme Ancienne worth it?

I have dry skin, especially in the winter. My main focus is that and as well anti-aging. I at times have sensitive skin, but it’s not too crazy. I am really curious about this product and if it’s all hype or not as the price is pretty steep. As well, if you enjoy it, do you prefer the “soft” or the original? And how long does it usually last you.

Re: Fresh Creme Ancienne worth it?

@JennyE89 Wow!  I didn't know fresh sold products that were so high priced.  I just had to look up the review on beautypedia (1/5 stars):

Spoiler
Composed primarily of meadowfoam seed oil, this overpriced cream is no more the ultimate moisturizer for face and body than a unicycle is the ultimate mode of transportation! On the ingredient list, fragrant ingredients follow the meadowfoam seed oil, along with wax (Yes, wax, for $290!) and irritating fragrant oils. The vitamin E and chamomile are helpful, but again, for the money, and by any professional standards, these are not the ultimate ingredients for aging skin; at best they are meager options for beneficial skin care. Meadowfoam seed oil is a good, non-fragrant moisturizing oil for dry skin, but it shows up in many less expensive moisturizers, including several from Aveda. Even if this product were well-formulated, the jar packaging would render that useless. What was fresh thinking?

RE: Re: Fresh Creme Ancienne worth it?

Appreciate the information!! The price truly is insane to me. Do you possibly have suggestions?

Re: RE: Re: Fresh Creme Ancienne worth it?

@JennyE89 I use Drunk Elephant Lala Retro™ Nourishing Whipped Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL on my driest areas, and I used it as an eye cream due it's anti-aging benefits.  Here's the beautypedia review (5/5 stars):

Spoiler

Re: Fresh Creme Ancienne worth it?

@JennyE89I love the fresh brand personally but if you're questioning it I would say nah, it is great but if you have to stretch your dollars to make it work then I can guarantee you there's something just as good in a more comfortable price range.

Personally, if you want an anti-aging moisturizer that's gentle Alpyn Beauty Melt Moisturizer with Bakuchiol and Squalane 1.7 oz/ 50 mL would be a great option. When/if I feel I need something extra- like in the winter- I'll layer an oil over it like Biossance Squalane + Tea Tree Balancing Oil 1.01 oz/ 30 mL, Herbivore Emerald CBD + Adaptogens Deep Moisture Glow Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL, or The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Squalane 1 oz/ 30 mL - they all work just as well and have the same oil base (squalane). Using the oil is an extra step, but then I don't have to worry about my lotion being to heavy for summer

It doesn’t seem to be carried on the Canadian Sephora it seems.

Bummer @JennyE89, they always leave you guys out 😴 I'd agree that the Lala Retro is a good option, and you could layer it with a bakuchiol serum like The INKEY List Bakuchiol Retinol Alternative Moisturizer 1 oz/ 30 mL or Biossance Squalane + Phyto-Retinol Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL. Otherwise OLEHENRIKSEN Goodnight Glow Bakuchiol Sleeping Crème 1.7 oz/ 50 mL is another solid option with the anti-aging bits built in

@JennyE89 

I used to use fresh Crème Ancienne® Ultimate Nourishing Honey Mask but not the moisturizer. I believe I sampled the moisturizer and found it to be very heavy. 
I absolutely love Drunk Elephant Lala Retro™ Nourishing Whipped Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL It’s my go to moisturizer and I will never be without. 

Thank you!! Will check it out:)
8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 15 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing