Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Skincare Aware

Food for a good skin?

I know that food can influence a lot on how my skin looks, and i know the water is also very helpful. But what should i eat and not eat for a nice skin? I know there are some fruits and vegetables and some kinds of foods that are goods, but i'm not sure what they are, and also what are the vitamins and proteins that bring good things to my skin. Hope your help!

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions

foods to avoid are, processed foods, foods that is high i...

foods to avoid are, processed foods, foods that is high in saturated or trans fats and sugars. So, candy, chocolate, potato chips, stuff like that.

Good foods to eat for your skin are:

Avocados, they are rich wit omega 3 fatty acids and B- complex vitamins, which really norish your skin and help with inflammation.

Mangos, which have 80% of your daily vitamin A, which helps fight free radicals that age your skin.

Almonds, which has 150% of your daily Vitamin E, which helps moisturize your  skin

Oysters, are rich in zinc and that helps fight against pimples. Zinc also helps boost elastins in your skin with the help of Vitamin C

Mushrooms, have Vitamin B2 which helps repair skin damage

Oranges, Strawberries, Tomatoes, Broccoli, Kiwi, Grapefruit, Brussel Sprouts, all have Vitamin C which helps slow down the development of hyperpigmentation and age spots, also its helps fight infections (acne can be an infection) and it good for collagen production.

So, Vitamin A, B2, B3, B5, B Complex, C, E, K Zinc, Copper (which can be found in potatos) omega 3 fatty acids, are alll really good for your skin and what you want to be looking for in your foods.

All Replies

Yes! I do believe diet plays a major role in how you feel, and how the skin looks.

Dr. Perricone has many books and skin treatments supporting this theory.

I also have my own personal favorite things to recommend to rotate for a balanced diet, that leans more on the healthy side, but like everyone else, I dont deprive myself of food that I like, just less of the bad, and more of the good.

Avocado, good fats, and oils for the skin, hair. Oils in general I feel are good, for the most part. Try them on fresh salads and in place of processed, bottled salad dressings.

Greens, raw is healthier, and more nutrient rich than if you cook them. There are also many books supporting this theory. Carol Alt is another fan of the raw foods for full nutrients. I couldnt go all the way with it like she has, but I try my best to take it as far as I feel comfortable. She has a book available about this.

Yogurt and other probiotic foods. They encourage the natural protective bacteria to thrive in your body, to defend itself from the harmful bacteria, naturally present in our digestive systems.

Clinique, and a few other brands have started to include probiotic extracts to balance the natural bacteria present on our skin. Usually for anti acne purposes.

I like supplements. Vitamim E, and fish oils. I feel they hydrate my skin, and protect it from free radical damage, and are anti aging.

My best recommendation is to avoid soda, and drink water instead, it is healthier. Soda is loaded with sugar, and depletes the body of calcium. Watch sodium intake, not just fat grams. Too much salt in the diet, is unhealthy and terrible for the skin. I like coffee, and tea. For every cup of coffee ( a natural diuretic) replace the dehydration with a full glass of water.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/brand_hierarchy.jhtml?brandId=Perricone%20MD&categoryId=C7330

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P271903&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=1254

: )

Re:

This is the best answer too, but i can only pick one Smiley Sad

foods to avoid are, processed foods, foods that is high i...

foods to avoid are, processed foods, foods that is high in saturated or trans fats and sugars. So, candy, chocolate, potato chips, stuff like that.

Good foods to eat for your skin are:

Avocados, they are rich wit omega 3 fatty acids and B- complex vitamins, which really norish your skin and help with inflammation.

Mangos, which have 80% of your daily vitamin A, which helps fight free radicals that age your skin.

Almonds, which has 150% of your daily Vitamin E, which helps moisturize your  skin

Oysters, are rich in zinc and that helps fight against pimples. Zinc also helps boost elastins in your skin with the help of Vitamin C

Mushrooms, have Vitamin B2 which helps repair skin damage

Oranges, Strawberries, Tomatoes, Broccoli, Kiwi, Grapefruit, Brussel Sprouts, all have Vitamin C which helps slow down the development of hyperpigmentation and age spots, also its helps fight infections (acne can be an infection) and it good for collagen production.

So, Vitamin A, B2, B3, B5, B Complex, C, E, K Zinc, Copper (which can be found in potatos) omega 3 fatty acids, are alll really good for your skin and what you want to be looking for in your foods.

Stick with fresh fruits and veggies if at all possible. Y...

Stick with fresh fruits and veggies if at all possible. You're doing that for the vitamins of course. Typically, the more colorful a food is, the higher vitamin count its going to have. Stay away from Trans fats and sugars. Stay away from anything greesy. And no matter how well you're eating, don't forget to help yourself out by taking a vitamin supplement. you can find a good vitamin supplement in just about any for you like it, at just about store you shop at. Vitamin supplements can come as powders you mix in your drinks, pills you swallow whole, gummies you eat like candy, gum you can chew...Whatever works for you. Alost of vitamin specialty shops will sell vitamins complexes made especially for the health of your skin. I know that GNC has some vitamin complexes like this and I also recently discovered a powdered mix by Borba which is a vitamin complex you mix in to your water and it is made espcially for your skin. they have 4 different formulas I think: age Defying, Vitamin Replenishing, Hydrating, and Oil Balancing I believe. I've tried the Age Defying Vitamin formula and it tastes VERY good. they are however VERY expensive. $30 dollars for a 2 week supply. If you are interested, I know those are sold at Ulta.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors