Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

First time starting a skincare routine- HELP!

Hi everyone!! I have dry skin and minimal to no acne. I’ve never been able to find any products that work well with my skin and I find I break out more after using cleansers, cream, etc. Right now, I don’t use anything on my skin besides cream (off and on) but I want to try to create a skin care routine. I’m completely lost as to what products I should try (cleanser, serum, etc.)🥲 

Any recommendations on products/how to create a first time skincare routine would be super helpful!!

Thanks y’all!! 🙂

Re: First time starting a skincare routine- HELP!

Hey doll! Dry skin club too, huh? I've used Lancome's pink cream cleanser for probably 10 years, I've never had a breakout from it. It's not sold here though. I use Embryolisse or La Roche Posay (again not sold here)  as a moisturizer, La Roche Posay is also really recommended by dermatologists and estheticias. The one thing I found made a huge difference for me is the Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant. I use it every other day after cleansing. It helps remove dry skin so your serums and moisturizers absorb better in your skin. Otherwise it felt like everything I put on my skin to hydrate it, my skin just drank it up. I underestimated how important it is for dry skin girls to exfoliate. I use scrubs every now and then but the Paula's Choice made the bigger improvement for me. Good luck 😃

Re: First time starting a skincare routine- HELP!

Hi!! I have always struggled with skincare issues and would as well switch on and off. Have you tried origins? I started using them around a year ago and refuse to use any other products!! (Checks and balances face wash is my personal favorite.) They have many different lines of concern that fits your skin. As well as with dry skin, make sure to keep SPF on! @jaden20 

B8DF80B9-7BF2-440A-A281-B9A6FB6565F0.jpeg

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos1
  • B8DF80B9-7BF2-440A-A281-B9A6FB6565F0.jpeg
testing