Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Fine lines at 19 years old

Hi everyone! I’m 19 years old and I have some fine lives on my forehead… and i don’t know why😅 So i would like to have somes of your recommandation. (I have a sensitive skin especially to perfum, combo skin and acne prone skin)

here my skincare routine:

Cleanser: laroche posay effaclar micro-peeling gel

serum: the ordinary mandelic acid, versed vitamin c and sometimes the inkey list niacinamide

mosturizer: Clinique moisture surge 100h

thank you😊

Re: Fine lines at 19 years old

I had this issue around the same age! I had a period where my skin became incredibly dry and I couldn’t figure it out.  I wasn’t using quality products like you are but I found that my issue was mainly dehydration! If you’re not already doing so, try drinking more water. You could always try to switch up your skincare products as well. You’re using some strong products there, may be stripping some of your natural oils even with your moisturizer. Hope that helps 😊

Thank you! I just bought a hydrathing toner from innisfree without perfum and hyaluronic acid, i hope this will help me!😊

@meganban  The why most likely has to do with your bone structure and how your muscles lay across your face.  Do you have a relative that you look like a LOT?  Usually your mom or dad but sometimes an aunt or uncle or a grandparent.  If so, that will give you a good idea of how/where your skin will crease over time.  Ask them about their forehead, and find photos of them when they were your age to see if this is just totally normal for how your face is made.  You may hear some great stories about traits you share with your family and how things have been passed down.  It can also be helpful going forward to tell you what is just genetics versus what is unusual and should be checked by your doctor.

In the meantime, you have a great routine, but I don't see sunscreen listed.  No matter your skin tone, sunscreen is absolutely necessary for your skin health and wrinkle prevention.  Another thing people don't realize is how important wearing sunglasses is.  A lifetime of squinting will show on your face, and it is very important when you are young to establish good habits regarding sunscreen and sunglasses.

In the meantime, I don't think 19 is too young to start using retinol AS LONG AS you are also vigilant with sunscreen.  As your skin can be sensitive, all the more reason to stick to a very simple bare bones product like The Ordinary Retinol 0.2% in Squalane, Signs of Aging Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL which is nice and mild and affordable.  Remember to tread lightly and start using once every three or more nights, you don't need to use it every day for it to work wonders.  Since you are also dealing with acne, it might be worthwhile to start using a prescription service like Curology to tackle both problems with a doctor for a low price.  

Obviously, Botox exists, but I do think 19 is too young for that if only because it's such a freaking hassle and expensive to maintain.  And it should never be your first option, as retinol is good for your skin overall.

Sunscreen, sunglasses, and retinol should make a huge difference that will keep your skin at its best for the rest of your life!  Good luck!

Thank you very much, i will check that for sure!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing