cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|
Anonymous Insider

Findinh my beauty regime

I need help finding a regime that well help clear my skin for the most part I don't get breakouts, but for as long as I can remember my inner and upper cheeks and nose have had what I can only describe as half blackhead- big pore type situation kind of like the seeds on a strawberry except they're not black like a black head

Anyway id like to even out my skin tone with a 

Cleanser 

Toner 

Moisturizer 

Or anything else you can think of

Please help!

Anonymous Insider

Re: Findinh my beauty regime

@Anonymous, if your primary skin care concerns are blackheads and large pores, I recommend regularly exfoliating (2-3 times per week) and, once per week, using a clay or charcoal mask during your evening routine, which you can use all over or just on your upper cheeks and nose area. If you are concerned the mask will dry out your skin, you might follow up the clay mask with a hydrating sheet mask or a hydrating wash off mask.

In terms of an exfoliating product, there are chemical and physical exfoliating products. Many contain AHAs, BHAs, a combination of the two types of hydroxy acids. Dr. Dennis Gross, Cane & Austin and First Aid Beauty make some great chemical exfoliants – theirs are in the form of pads, which are soaked in AHAs, BHAs or a combination of the two. The exfoliating pads from Dr. Dennis Gross and Cane & Austin come in several different strengths, while First Aid Beauty offers two different exfoliating pads based on skincare concern. For physical exfoliants, I’ve had good results from Tatcha Rice Enzyme Powder – these come in 3 different types – classic, gentle and soothing. If you have very sensitive skin, I suggest you go for the gentle or soothing type. Dermalogica Dailymicrofoliant is also a good physical exfoliant.

I’ve had good results at clearing out my nose and T-zone area of blackheads and cleaning my pores with masks with clay or charcoal masks. With the holidays, Origins has a mini mask set that contains 2 very good masks for blackheads and pores – a charcoal mask and a rose clay mask. There’s also a hydrating mask (that you can wash off or leave on overnight) included in the set that could be useful if your skin gets dry from the clay/charcoal masks or if the winter weather dries out your skin. Other clay masks I like are Innisfree Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask or Skinceuticals Clarifying Clay Masque, both of which can be purchased from amazon.com or from the website for the particular brand.

In terms of cleansers, I’m a big fan of Neogen Green Tea Real Fresh Foam Cleanser – it cleanses the skin without leaving a residue and leaves skin feeling smooth and hydrated. If you prefer a more gel like cleanser, I’d recommend Ole Henriksen Uncover the Truth 3-in-1 Melting Cleanser. Both are light and gentle, but effective at cleansing the skin without drying it out.

For toners, I like Thayers Alcohol Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera, which you can find on amazon.com or at Target; and Be The Skin Botanical Pore Toner. The Be the Skin toner is a little more difficult to find; you can purchase on Peach & Lily’s website or sometimes you can find it on amazon, but the price tends to be higher than at Peach & Lily.

Belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb is a wonderful moisturizer for combination or combination-oily skin. It has a gel like formula that is lightweight but effective moisturizer that applies smoothly, absorbs quickly, and is hydrating.

I agree with @greeneyedgirl107 about Paula's Choice product. You may like to look at their line for different products that may help with your skin regime. Their Customer Service reps are very helpful to find the ones that may work for you. I hope this helps.

@Anonymous I rec a gentle liquid cleanser like FAB Face Cleanser.  And I esp rec BHA (I only like Paula's Choice).  Good luck! 🙂

RE: Findinh my beauty regime

Do a research about AHA and BHA I know that both help cleaning your skin, one is for a deeper clean inside your pores and the another one is for the first layer of your skin like death skin. They are recommended in a skincare for acne prone skin! Hope it can helps.
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing