Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Female 16 Skincare Advice

Hi! I just started on my skincare journey, and I still happen to break out in the forehead area and my skin is a bit textured. I also suffer from some redness and itchiness. My skin type is sensitive and dry/combination. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice for what to add or change in my routine. I’m looking for a more moisturizing essence or toner for the morning and night as well. Thanks!

Morning:

1. Rinse face with water

2. Peach Slices Snail Mucin Toner

3. Goodal Vitamin C Dark Spot Serum

4. Neutrogena Hydroboost Gel-Cream

5. Sunscreen (La Roche Posay Mineral SPF 50)

Night:

1. Tatcha Oil Cleanser

2. Cerave Benzoyl Peroxide Wash or Sweet Chef Salicylic Acid Wash

3. Peach Slices Snail Mucin Toner

4. Kiehls Retinol Serum (was good for acne on my cheeks)

5. Cerave Skin Renewing Moisturizer

6. Josie Maran Pro-retinol Argan Oil Serum (is more of an oil consistancy)

I was thinking of adding the Origins Mega-Mushroom lotion into my morning routine; it seems to help with redness.

Re: Female 16 Skincare Advice

i noticed that you only rinse your face with water in the morning, and I would like to say you dont use a cleanser since your skin is dry, I would think you might benefit from a gel based cleanser. Something gentle and hydrating, nothing that strips the clean too much. Biossance Squalane + Elderberry Nourishing Jelly Cleanser 5.07 oz / 150 mL 

The Neutrogena Hydroboost Gel-Cream is great, since it is also gel based. 

As for toner you should take a look at LANEIGE Water Bank Blue Hyaluronic Revitalizing Toner 5.4 oz/ 160 mL or innisfree Intensive Hydrating Toner with Green Tea Seed. Both are gentle while providing hydration. 

An essence I love is the cosrx snail 96 muchin essence. Its not at Sephora, but its well worth looking into and can replace the benefits of Peach Slices Snail Mucin Toner.

Hey, I am loving your regimen but I would get rid of your neutrogena during the day and see how you do without it. If not great, I would happy recommend something else. 

I would also recommend to try Azelaic acid as it has a lot of benefits for sensitive and acne prone skin unlike Salicylic acid. And 100% agree on the oil cleanser, it’s better to use a makeup remover if you need to remove makeup if not the regular wash is going to be just fine!
Good luck!  

Hey! 

I saw your list of items. They are all great products. However, if your seeing acne I would cut back on some of the oil based products. Serums are fine but combo skin/ oily skin is best when kept away from products that can create more of an oily base and clog your pores. I also recommend washing your face in the morning with cold water and a good face wash with ceramides to keep a good barrier on your skin. 

If that does not help you may need to look into the hair products your using. That can also cause acne along the forehead/hairline.

Hope this helps. Best of luck!

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing