Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Fed Up!

I am looking for some suggestions and help for my skincare routine. I have been using the same products for years and am fed up. I think I've been using them continually for convenience and familiarity, but I need to upgrade my products with my aging skin (late 30s) and skin issues. Suggestions for good skincare products that are clean and contain Niacinamide and/or Saclicylic Acid and/or Hyaluronic Acid... my main concerns are aging skin, fine lines, dark circles, oily skin producing whiteheads on my chin area especially!

I have purchased the Peace Out Retinol Stick for my fine lines but it flared up by eczema under my eyes. 

Any help or suggestions are much appreciated! Thank you!

#niacinamide #saclicylicacid #hyaluronicacid #skincare #routine #retinol 

Re: Fed Up!

Hello! I’m not in my 30s (mid 20s) but have some of the conditions that you listed, like oily skin and dark circles, so hopefully I can be of some help. I’ve noticed signs of aging recently as well - specifically, the lines from my mouth to nose had gotten deeper.

I started using a couple new products with retinol and hyaluronic acid and have been pleased with the results so far. I am using Shisheido’s retinol serum at night, and Clinique’s Resculpt and Revolumize duo during the day. The Resculpt and Revolumize duo comes in a jar with two different creams, one of which has hyaluronic acid to plump up the skin. I use the Clinique product both around my eyes (for dark circles) and my mouth lines, and have seen improvements in both areas. The Shiseido retinol serum, which I use just on my mouth lines, is light and doesn’t irritate my skin or cause breakouts. However, it does have a somewhat strong (but pleasant) fragrance. Aside from the skin products, I’ve also been drinking more water and taking vitamin c supplements, which I think also helped with my dark circles and skin overall.

For my face wash, I use a neutrogena cleanser with salicylic acid. It has been my go to cleanser for years now and while it’s drying sometimes (especially in the winter) I haven’t found another face wash more effective for my oily skin.   

Once a week, I also use a charcoal clay mask to unclog my pores. My favorites are Clinique’s City Block Clay Mask + Scrub (it’s a clay mask and exfoliator with a slightly grainy texture) and Origins Clear Improvements (this one has a smoother texture.) Both are great but if your skin is sensitive to (or you don’t like) the texture of exfoliating scrubs, origins might be the safer choice to consider.

Hope this is helpful!

Thank you so much for taking the time to give me all that great info @lilitttt I enjoy me a charcoal clay mask 😊 so that will be a suggestion I run with, thank you! My first try is the Origins Clear Improvements. 🙏 

Hands down to the inkey list retinol. Do not use any AHA and BHA serums when using any type of retinols. Start with every other night and then go up once the skin adopt well to retinol. In the start it will make your skin red and you might get the burning sensation but its all good. Use moisturizer and sunscreen in the morning. Do not miss out on sunscreen. 

Thank you so much for all this fantastic information! Inkey list seems to be a great affordable and clean line of products. 😊 I was looking at Glow Recipe but have ordered Inkey List now! 

What about an eye cream... Any suggestions on that end please and thanks!? 

Hi there, 

i just stepped into my 30s and am loving skin care routine from inkey list and clarins. Use salicylic acid cleanser from the inkey list followed by their Retinol. After 2minutes apply alpha arbutin from ordinary and Niacinamide. Let it sit for 5minutes and then use Clarins night cream (blue colour). This is my night time routine. In the morning i simply use same inkey list cleanser, followed by vitamin C and clarins pink colour moisturizer. Twice a week i use glycolic acid from the inkey list. This routine is working like a magic for me. 

@Iluvmyskin do you suggest the Retinol serum from Inkey List?? Or other option is better? Thanks so much!! 🙏🙏

Thank you so much for the suggestions! I just took notice of Inkey List and wasn't sure to pull the plug on their products... thank you very much! I will look into those!

I've noticed that my face tends to start rejecting products or becoming immune to them after awhile.  I've had to change routines as well.  One product I continue to love seems boring, but I always mention it--Josie Maran Argan Oil in LIGHT (Original clogs my pores and doesn't blend in my face but is good for hands/cuticles).  I pair this with a Caudalie Beauty Elixir spritz, a prescribed Tretanoin cream (for acne, but it is also apparently anti-aging), right now the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream (used to use Perricone MD cloud cream).  Because I have acne and anxiety, I have had to change my diet (very little dairy and extra sugars like in candy and what not).  I've also been taking a probiotic from the health food store (it's refrigerated) and an oral acne med.  I've had skin issues my whole adult life and am happy with where it is now based on my current routine.  Also adding that I have incorporated yoga and small workouts daily.  This might be too much info, but I love sharing what I've learned works for me, in case it is helpful--even for knowing there is a process-of-elimination.

Not at all! More information is always better in my opinion! Always good to have suggestions and more options! Thank you very much for taking the time to reply. I appreciate it! I will look into some of those suggestions you gave and see where it takes me! Thanks so much! 🙏🙏

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing