Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Favorite under eye creams

I’m 27 and am concerned about dark circles and age lines. What are some good eye creams? 

Re: Favorite under eye creams

@hxnn  The best preventative anti-aging and hyperpigmentation-avoiding "eye cream" on the market is broad spectrum sunscreen that's at least SPF 30, worn each day your skin's exposed to sunlight (even if you also wear sunglasses), all year long, regardless of weather or season. Do you already use a sunscreen and bring it all the way up/down to your lash lines? 

If your eyes are sensitive to most UV blocking ingredients like mine are, try using a zinc oxide (mineral) sunscreen around your eyes and whatever other sunscreen you prefer on the rest of your face, neck, ears, back of ears, etc. 

@hxnn 

Hi! It took me close to a year to find the right eye creams for me- unfortunately, most are in the pricier side but they go a long way & definitely do make a difference & really help keep my eyes looking their best (most of the time) ... I like to have the folllowing at all times & rotate through using what one I feel best addresses what I need that day (I apply in both am & pm(, ok so after a lot of money & about 12 months I got it down to these which are great- I've been using all these for 4-5 years now and my eyes look the same as they did 5 years ago.... in addition to the creams which I'll list below- I swear by HUM Nutrition's Wingman supplements- it took 2-3 bottles to know that they were working and I take them every day- totally got rid of darkness.

Here's some of my favorite eye creams:

• 111SKIN Spave Defence Bright Eye Lift Gel
  • Chantecaille Stress Repair Concentrate
  • La Mer The Eye Concentrate
  • SK-Iii Eye Cream 
  • Omorovicza Gold Eye Liift 
  • SkinMedica TNS Eye Repair 
  • fresh Black Tea Age Delay
  • amorepacific Time Respomse Eye Reserve Cream

Others I don't use regularly but do use every once in awhile if I get a trial size or mini and those include: Caudalie, Olehenriksen, Paula's Choice (the one with Ceramides), Dr. Loretta  100% Pure Caffeine, Verso - both their eye serum & cream, the Hourglass eye mask and Rodial Bee Venom.

I use eye masks at minimum 2x a week- usually closer to ; & those help greatly too! Since you're young & may end up trying a lot before you find some really good fits, you might want to think about subscribing to a beauty box like ipsy, Birchbox, Dermstore, Allure or another - usually they include an eyecream often. 

good luck! It's great you're getting serious in your late 20's - you'll be all set! Take care! 

belif Moisturizing Eye Bomb with Squalane 

Thick, but not heavy.

SEPHORA COLLECTION Firming Eye Cream with Peptides 0.67 oz/ 20 mL - Also thick, but a little goes a long way @hxnn 

Depends on what price range you're looking for, but the Tatcha The Silk Peony Melting Eye Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mL has been really good to me. I'm also using the Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Hydrating Eye Gel in my morning routine. 

I’ll have to try those. I work at Sephora so I’ll have to grab some samples next time I work. Thank you!!

My older sister is 26 and she swears by the ole henriksen eye cream!

I do love that one!

Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing