Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Favorite Gel/Water Moisturizer?

What's your favorite and WHY? Need a new gel/water moisturizer and can't decide!! I do not have sensitive skin, I'm on the oily side, main concerns: hydration, brightening/glowing, anti-aging/fine lines and wrinkles. Help me decide! 

1. Drunk Elephant Protini™ Polypeptide Firming Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL

2. Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

3. SUNDAY RILEY - Tidal Brightening Enzyme Water Cream

4. Tatcha The Water Cream Oil-Free Pore Minimizing Moisturizer 1.7 oz / 50 mL

Re: Favorite Gel/Water Moisturizer?

@smonte1 I use the Drunk Elephant Protini™ Polypeptide Firming Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mLat night and FIRST AID BEAUTY - Hello FAB Coconut Water Creamduring the day

Re: Favorite Gel/Water Moisturizer?

Ouuu I have tried the Drunk Elephant, the Peter Thomas Roth, and the Tatcha Water Cream!

They all are amazing! The consistency of each are very different tho.

If you are looking for a gel consistency I highly reccomend the Peter Thomas Roth one!

If you are looking for a light weight moisturizer the water cream is very good but just on the pricier side!

If you are looking for a cream consistency then the drunk elephant one works as well!

Now another cream I'd suggest to try is the intensive repair cream from First Aid Beauty or other items from their brand as it is fragrance free! Based on your description of being oily I would definitely suggest the Peter Thomas Roth one that you posted! 

Have you looked into serums as well? The Ordinary Hylaruonic Acid is soooooooo hydrating, you have got to try it! Its very cheap as well! 

Also, remember to invest into a face oil. Many people will try to steer away from oils when they have oily skin thinking that it might produce more oil but thats a myth. You have to use an oil to prevent your body and face from producing more oil from within in your skin. A face oil will lock in and prevent you from over producing oils around your t-zone! Definitely recommend the rosehip seed oil from the ordinary and other oils they have to offer!

I would highly reccomend you trying out the Ordinary! Hope this helps 🙂

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing