Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Farmacy thoughts???

I’ve recently discovered my skin loves honey. What are your thoughts on the following products?

FARMACY - Honey Potion Renewing Antioxidant Hydration Mask

Farmacy Honey Drop Lightweight Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

Farmacy Honey Savior All-in-One Skin Repair Salve 1.6 oz/ 46 g

Farmacy Clean Bee Ultra Gentle Facial Cleanser 5 oz/150 mL

and FARMACY - HONEYMOON GLOW AHA Resurfacing Night Serum with Hydrating Honey + Gentle Flower Acids.

Thanks😊

Re: Farmacy thoughts???

@faeriegirl 

I use the cleanser on occasion and love how gentle it is yet effective at clearing my skin of all traces of makeup.

Thank you @gonerogue!

Farmacy thoughts???

the only one I'm not goin to repurchase is the honeymoon glow,, only because there is alcohol, yes it's far down, but I really want to stay away from all forms of alcohol in my skin care @faeriegirl

Thank you @lmaster!

@lmaster T-Butyl alcohol could be an irritant to avoid, just like sd/denat alcohol, ethanol, menthol, and other 'bad' alcohols that aren't great for skin (cosmetically-elegant sunscreens tend to have alcohol though but it's ok because it's after all your skincare layers).

But people tend to assume that fatty alcohols like cetearyl alcohol, arachidyl alcohol, behenyl alcohol are bad alcohols. They're great for moisturizing and aren't bad for your skin, unless allergic. It's like how fatty acids (saturated and unsaturated) aren't actually acids.

I definitely do know the difference @RNGesusPls but I still stay away from all alcohols the best I can because even the good alcohols will still make me produce more oil for some reason

Awww that sucks 😞 @lmaster 

I know @RNGesusPls at first I thought it was just a coincidence, maybe one specific product just didn't jive with my skin, but literally every product that I've used with any form of alcohol has made my skin look extremely oily, now the good alcohols may take longer, like 3-4 days for the greasy look to happen, whereas the bad alcohol usually starts the next day or two

@faeriegirl, I've only tried the FARMACY - Honey Potion Renewing Antioxidant Hydration Mask and the  Farmacy Honey Savior All-in-One Skin Repair Salve 1.6 oz/ 46 g. I have loads of deluxe samples and mini's of the mask so it'll be a while before I need to pick up a full size, but I have picked up a full size of the salve. Texture-wise, it's thick and little goopy but I love it for when it's very cold out and for when I travel - I put it on before a flight and it helps to keep my skin from drying out as a result of airplane air. It also works wonders after a day when I am in heavily air conditioned rooms. I think I'll try the moisturizer next, I may pick it up during the sale; will let you know what I think about it if I do.

Thank you so much @itsfi!

Hi @faeriegirl, I have the Honey potion mask and it’s one my faves.  It warms up as you rub it in, making for a great winter mask - not to mention it leaves my skin so smooth to the touch.  

I have also used a sample of the Honey Drop light moisturizer and liked it a lot.  I just have far too many lightweight moisturizers to go thru before purchasing another, but this one would be a contender for a FS buy in that category.

Havent used any other Farmacy honey products but their cleaning balm is one of my favorite first cleansers.

Thank you @newcarlee!

@faeriegirl  I love Farmacy Honey Savior All-in-One Skin Repair Salve 1.6 oz/ 46 g

i live in a cold dry area and sometimes it doesn’t matter what I do my skin gets so dry and I put this on and go to bed and wake up with soft skin again!! 

Thank you @ather!

@faeriegirl Their AHA is on my to-try list (will find out if I'm allergic to propolis then...)! People have compare it to Sunday Riley's Good Genes I think?  

I wanted to try the moisturizer but denatured alcohol is so high up in the list that it might dry out my skin.

Thank you @RNGesusPls!

@faeriegirl If you have a chance, I'd suggest getting samples because they may work out for you 🙂 I love their packaging for the moisturizer, mask and AHA/BHA serum! They're glass containers with wooden lids

17 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 64 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing