Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Fade freckles, acne scarring and uneven skin tone. HELP!

HELP! I am quite fair in skin tone and have combination skin. I have struggled with uneven skin tone for years. I have a mixture of freckles (which I do not like), acne scarring (both post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation from acne and almost like boxcar scarring on my forehead from when I had chicken pox as a child), acne (not major, but I always seem to get spots here and there but consistently-- when one zit goes away another appears) and almost purple-ish spots under my eye area on the tops of my cheek bones. SEE PHOTO BELOW-- the photo doesn't look terrible, but everything is darker in person.

I am seeking a product or combination of products that will aid in evening out my skin tone and texture dramatically and in as little time as possible. I've been looking into chemical peels but there are so many options out there and with the price points being quite high, it takes a lot of research through reviews, and makes my search more difficult as I don't want to buy something that won't work. If anyone has any suggestions as to a product they can swear by, that would be lovely. I thank you in advance.

skin.jpg

Re: Fade freckles, acne scarring and uneven skin tone. HELP!

@Lyndsaaay  Before bringing out the big guns (chemical peels and other harsh resurfacing methods), you may want to try out sheet masks first. Many have whitening and brightening effects that are gentle but work well, and they’re not exorbitantly expensive.

With consistent use of sheet masks, I’ve been able to successfully fade acne scars, hyperpigmentation, and oddly-located freckles that bugged the heck out of me. (My under-eye freckles looked like smudged mascara!) Plus, having very hydrated skin from masking means that most of my fine lines are invisible much of the time, which means my makeup applies very well. 

If you want more information about masking, check out a thread dedicated to it here:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678#M83796

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
Photos1
  • skin.jpg
testing