cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Facial oil to use with Retin a!

Hello everyone!! 

does anyone have a facial oil they love to use use with Retin A? Looking for something moisturizing and plumping!! 

Re: Facial oil to use with Retin a!

@KMac38I second either The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Squalane 1 oz/ 30 mL  or The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL - I have both and use them over my retinol for a little moisture boost. For a splurgier option Biossance Squalane + Tea Tree Balancing Oil 1.01 oz/ 30 mL is a nice calming option.

@KMac38 I highly rec The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL .  I started using it when I bumped up my Retin-A from .05% to .1% and it made a huge difference.  I've been using it ever since (over a year) and am still on the same bottle.  A little bit goes a long way.

Hi! Depending on your skin type and budget there’s a bunch you could enjoy. My personal favorite is the Herbivore Emerald CBD Adaptogens Glow Oil. Since you’re using retin A I would avoid oils that have a lot of fragrance (or any depending on your sensitivity) or essential oils. I also really love argan oil, it’s smells amazing and is nice and lightweight

I’ve been enjoying the ordinary 100% squalane.

Also, as a longtime retin-a user, I found that ointments such as aquaphor and Cerave healing ointment have been the most effective at keeping irritation at bay. The oil feels really nice and looks nice, but it really acts mostly as an emollient. Having an occlusive like an ointment keeps all the moisture in much better.

I’ve been eyeing the glow oil for a few weeks!! I’ll just dive in and get it💖 Thank you! 

I love a good facial oil. My favorites are from Good Molecule and the Chia Seed Oil from Cocokind. I also like the YTTP one Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Oil with Squalane and Antioxidants 1 oz / 30 ml 

Thank you! I always use the Tatcha dewy serum after cleansing. That stuff is amazing but looking for an oil to add to the regimen! I’ll check those out, thank you! 

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 19 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing