Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Facial moisturizer with sunscreen

Hi! I’m looking for a good facial moisturizer with sunscreen. I recently tried CeraVe’s AM facial moisturizer with sunscreen, but it pilled when I rubbed it in on my face and left a white cast. I have combo skin and a tan complexion. Any recommendations would be great!! Thanks in advance 🙂

Re: Facial moisturizer with sunscreen

@Dalyssa Id suggest the Fenty Skin Hydravisor! Have a great day 😊

elta anyday...

I'm a big Elta MD fan! After trying a few different ones, it's my go-to now!

Unseen supergoop! SPF 40 I believe.

It feels amazing on the skin and has no scent and no white Cast. 

It is definately not hydrating and does not help with dry skin but it is good if you want to use it below makeup. It has no film and no scent and acts like a good primer below makeup

Do you care if it's a mineral (also called physical) versus chemical sunscreen?

Chemical sunscreens absorb more easily into your skin, and rarely leave a white cast; but they cause some people to break out (myself included), and studies show that a small amount of the chemical filters get absorbed in your bloodstream.There are also environmental concerns with some specific filters, because they damage coral reefs.

Mineral sunscreens rarely cause anyone to breakout, and have protection from a broader UV wavelength. The problem is what you found with the Cerave product--because it's a physical sunscreen, it's more prone to leaving a white cast (especially for melanin-rich skin). One way to get around this is getting a tinted moisturizer/sunscreen, which has pretty sheer coverage similar to a light BB or CC cream.

What are your preferences?

I think this is a pretty balanced look chemical versus physical sunscreens--its isn't alarmist, just lays out what the research has shown: https://www.dermstore.com/blog/chemical-sunscreen-absorption/

Hope that helps and wasn't too long-winded--this is something I've spent a long time researching! Respond with your preferences and I can give you some product recommendations.

Hi! Thank you for that! I have heard a little about the chemical vs. physical. I really don’t have a preference. Maybe I could try a tinted BB or CC cream like you mentioned. 

@Dalyssa 

Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench® Hyaluronic Hydrating Moisturizer SPF 45 1.7 oz/ 50 mL , Dr. Jart+ Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment SPF 30 

ELTA MD UV Facial SPF 30 - available at Dermstore

If you're also looking for anti-aging - philosophy Ultimate Miracle Worker Multi-Rejuvenating Cream SPF 30 

If you're ok with color or a tint, there are a lot of tinted moisturizers and BB/CC creams. They typically offer a higher SPF.

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing