Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Facemasks! Do they really work?

Do you think facemasks really make a difference? If so, what are your favorites?

Re: Facemasks! Do they really work?

There have been some great wash-off mask suggestions but I'm going to go ahead and disagree with the idea that sheet masks don't provide any physical benefits. The number one thing most of them do is hydrate- and that benefit can't be understated! There are also numerous ones that calm, brighten, and sooth.

@TazzalooI definitely agree with @CookieGirl1 that the only benefit sheet masks provide are psychological, not that that's bad, but you can definitely get some great results from other masks!

My top favorites are BIOSSANCE - Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Mask (very similar to the Tatcha Violet-C Radiance Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL)- both leave behind bright, refreshed, and super-soft skin. BIOSSANCE - Squalane + Glycolic Renewal Mask and KATE SOMERVILLE - ExfoliKate® Intensive Pore Exfoliating Treatment dissolve away flakey dry skin and leave behind a fresh face and clean, clear pores. A weekly mud mask helps keep oily skin and breakouts at bay- there are lots of good masks depending on the results you're looking for

RE: Facemasks! Do they really work?

yes of course!! some great masks come from the brand feeling beautiful! they’re super effective and really inexpensive! my personal favorites are the mint and lemon facial clay mask (for acne), glacier water + peony gel cream mask (for smoothness and moisturizing benefits), and the pomegranate facial reveal peel-off mask (for fresh, renewed skin). all three of these will give you some great results!!

@Tazzaloo I think it really depends.  @BrendaBT made some great recs!  I don't really feel like sheet masks DO anything (besides provide a little spa-session inspired happiness!) but I totally think that other masks that actually stay on your skin a little longer can potentially have some benefits.  One of my favs is the Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask Enzymatic Dermal Resurfacer 5 oz and I LOVE the Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Night Cream + Mask with Vitamin C 2 oz / 59 ml.

Hi @Tazzaloo I am a huge mask enthusiast! I think if you use them as instructed to target any concern they will work wonders 🙂 

Recently I've been loving the KORA Organics Turmeric Brightening Pore Scrub + Exfoliating Mask 3.38 oz / 100 mL and the Tatcha Violet-C Radiance Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 🙂 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing