cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Face

Hi,

On my nose there is some pigmentation and I do not it on all over my face. Please tell me the best product I can use for this problem

Re: Face

Hi @24Rajj ! It depends on what kind of pigmentation it is. A dermatologist is the best person to help you with it, and I'm not a derm (to my knowledge, no one on BIC is, aside from certain brand-specific accounts that have a "BRAND" badge). But I do have some questions… 

1. Is it a deeper color than your normal skin tone (hyperpigmentation)? Or is it redness? Or, is it lighter than your normal skin tone? 
  2. Have you always had it on your nose? Or did it just recently appear? 
  3. If it’s new: is it a dark or red spot left behind by acne? Or is it a sunburn? 
  4. Is it just a small spot? Or does it cover a large area of your nose? 

One product you should definitely use, if you don’t already, is a broad spectrum sunscreen that’s at least SPF 30. Apply it each day, even on overcast days (clouds don’t block all of the sun's UV rays), all year long (the sun doesn’t stop shooting UV rays at us in cold weather). Reapply it every couple hours. Sunscreen will help protect your skin from hyperpigmentation caused by UV rays. There’s no point trying to reduce the pigmentation on your nose if you’re not also going to stop the sun from causing more damage. 
1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing