Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Face oils

I’m looking for a face oil to include in my skincare routine. Any suggestions?
Anonymous Insider

RE: Face oils

Make sure they are non comedogenic

Re: Face oils

The right face oil for you will very much depend on what you want to target. Every night I use The INKEY List Rosehip Nourishing Night Oil 1 oz/ 30 mLto fight my rosacea redness; it's orange, so I can't use it in the daytime. In the morning, on days when I feel the need for some additional hydration, I've been loving my sample of Herbivore Lapis Blue Tansy Face Oil - For Oily & Acne-Prone Skin 1.7 oz/ 50 mL. A little goes a long way - I use 2-3 drops and press gently into my skin - and I love how it feels. Not sure that I'll be able to justify the price tag when I run out of my sample, but it's treated me very well so far. 

@mariesanc21  Depends on what you issues you want to address with facial oil, or what effect you’re after. Here’s what I use most often: 

E.l.f. Nourishing Facial Oil - A drugstore hero. I use this as an undereye moisturizer at night, sometimes in addition to my usual face moisturizing cream. I also tap a teeny bit on my eyelids every 2 or 3 nights to keep that skin from drying out, and it’s one of my spot treatments for random dry patches. I’ve used it all over my face a few times for an antioxidant boost, and it works well for me as a solo moisturizer in warm (not blazing hot) weather. It’s a very nice mix of oils: jojoba, sunflower, grape seed, rosehip, meadowfoam, avocado, and sweet almond. 

Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Oil with Squalane and Antioxidants 1 oz / 30 ml - I use this to get a radiant glowy look. It’s also loaded with antioxidants. This winter, I’ll use it as an additional layer of moisturization under my face cream and see if that works well. This is another blend of oils: sunflower, jojoba, acai, prickly pear, squalane (olive derived), goji, olive, flaxseed, rosehip, and a bunch of others. It’s a bit thicker than the e.l.f. oil, and a tiny bit goes a very long way.

Biossance 100% Sugarcane Squalane Oil 3.4 oz / 100 mL - I primarily use this as a dry patch spot treatment, but I’ve also used it under my eyes as a nighttime moisturizer. I’ve used it on my scalp a couple times. I don’t use it all over my face because I prefer my full-face oil to be a mix of beneficial ingredients. 

The Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury  Face Oil 1 oz/ 30 mLis so freaking expensive that I hesitate to recommend it a little bit, but it is just so nice and IMO worth the money. I did try The Ordinary's much cheaper version (I think it's like 10% of DE's price), but it just isn't the same even though both are ostensibly 100% marula oil without any added ingredients. The Drunk Elephant oil just sinks into the skin so instantaneously, making it a perfect choice even for my very oily-combo skin. It's super lightweight and the scent is not at all intrusive. I really like mixing a few drops into a gel moisturizer as well as using it on its own when my skin needs a bit more help. 

RE: Face oils

I recently started using the Dr. Botanicals Moroccan Rose Facial Oil and I love it. It has a smell that’s very pleasant and it makes your face so soft and your skin noticeably brighter.

RE: Re: Face oils

I’ve heard great things about Khiels and Drunk Elephant. Have u tried them?

Re: RE: Re: Face oils

@mariesanc21 sorry was editing the post. I love Kiehl’s a lot and use the daily and night concentrate. The DE oil I used once but I have other favorites that I liked better for my skin 

Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 21 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing