Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Skincare Aware

Face oil recommendations

I am looking for a balancing face oil.  I have tried Pangea Organics (when Sephora used to carry them) and loved it. I also have tried Josie Maran argan oil and I broke out (sad face). I am wondering what other face oils are out there that people are loving.

Re: Face oil recommendations

I have yet to find this at Sephora but rosemary oil is a miracle cure for more than just skin care! Take a little bit of precaution if you have sensitive skin, I'd recommend doing a test patch first. Rosemary oil is amazing and is super great for your skin, gets rid of blemishes, fine lines and wrinkles, evens texture, colour, dark circles and so much more. Aside from that it has so many body and health benefits too. Do some research on it I'm sure you'll love it as much as I do!

@prosopon - I'm a huge fan of Fresh Seaberry Oil. I used it for years, and still reach for it on occasion, but Sarah Chapman Skinesis Overnight Facial Oil has become my new favorite! With both I can use just a few drops to cover my entire face and neck, but the Sarah Chapman seems to give better results and smells divine!

Clinique Smart Oil.  For other recommendations, go to beautypedia.com

Love the Boscia Tsubaki Oil. Light enough to not cause breakouts, yet moisturizes dry skin. The lower part of my face gets dry in the winter and I use this at night. It works very well for me.

I used the Boscia Tsubaki Oil for about two years and loved it. And a bottle will last you forever. (The entire Tsubaki line is really nice I think.) I switched over to Korres Wild Rose Vitamin C Active Brightening Oil in December and I actually like that even more. It leaves my skin even softer. The only thing I *don't* like about the Korres is the dried rose petals in the bottle. Maybe they actually do something but it seems like they're there for show and sometimes a little chunk will break off and come out with the oil and make it feel gritty. It's annoying. But other than that, love it love it love it. My skin feels great after use. 

What kind of skin do you have? I have oily skin with mild breakouts around my time of month. I am so nervous to try facial oils but have heard that they are great. 

i really love the boscia tsubaki face oil, and the herbivore lapis oil! neither have broken me out at all @prosopon Smiley Happy

I have been using Fresh Seaberry Face Oil for a  almost a year now and I have really been enjoying it. I use it at night with whatever serum I am using and I do not find it breaks me out or is too oily. I only need 1 or 2 drops for my entire face and neck and I have not even used half a bottle yet.

I love biossance rose oil!  Sephora just started carrying it, but my neighbor works for the company, so I've been using it for 1 year now. It has sustainable squalyne (whatever that is), but it abosorbs, smells great, and moisturizes. I feel like my skin tone is more balanced, too. I also use Algenist face oil at night (it's a little oily at first). This one is the only thing that worked on an "age spot" on my collar bone. I was just putting it all over every night and realized after 3 or 4 weeks that the spot was raised up... a few days later it flaked off and has not come back! The only thing I was doing was holding my warm hand covered in the oil around my neck after applying it to my face. It doesn't claim to fix age spots, but it worked on that one for me! I'm 47 and have sun damage and wrinkles and a little sagging, so these are helping, but not a miracle yet. Anyone got a miracle out there?

I second biossance rose oil--I used up the sample bottle I received in a random giveaway. I was blown away by the results so I went ahead and bought myself the full bottle. It is out of this world! I have oily T-zone but mostly dry skin throughout--this oil balances my skin tone. I use it day and night and it helps make up application as well. Their website offers free samples (with $4 shipping fee). So if you're new to it and just want to see how your skin reacts to it, I'd definitely recommend checking out their website!

The bottles are so cute too! I'm excited to give them a try after I finish my Ole Henriksen Pure Truth Oil sample (which I'm loving).

julique balaing for younger skin.  perricone chia for older skin. but i haven't tried the others yet...

the chicken and waffles flavor! haha just kidding Smiley Tongue

JM is pretty thick, I can only wear it in super dry winter. I think my fav is Boscia, partially just cuz Tarte smells like potato chip to me and Boscia feels more pampering. =P

If you are interested in different kinds, you can check out some comparisons here, tho they are all the same after a certain point: http://community.sephora.com/t5/All-Other-Concerns/Facial-oil-comparison-break-down-moisturizer-kind...

hahah beautytester I just looked at your thread again and saw the "new!" items.  just thought the "new!" was amusing.  and the Tarte smells like potato chips?  i'm soooooo buying it now!  i'm addicted to chips!

---

so what flavor chips did it smell like?  bbq?  sour cream and onion?  or just regular Smiley Very Happy

-

kettle chips??? i love those!

Thank you so much for the link.  I wonder why that didn't pop up when I was searching the boards?  Oh well.  Thanks again - very comprehensive.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats