Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Face masks

I’m 33 with 3 kids. I don’t get a lot of me time but when I do I love to pamper myself with self-care. I’ve tried 1 Arbonne sheet mask and a sample size of the ole henriksen power peel. Loved the peel. I’d appreciate any suggestions for masks you’ve tried and loved. Fast, wash off or sheet mask. Preferably no over night masks unless they are amazing. 
skin concerns, some dryness in winter, dullness, uneven texture, fine lines and wrinkles. 

Re: Face masks

Thank you for tagging the Mask Of the Week thread, @haleyvvvv@emriq, it sounds like we have similar concerns about our skin. As far as a peel goes, a couple have been stand outs for me, the Peter Thomas Roth FIRMx™ Exfoliating Peel Gel and Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial™ AHA + BHA Mask Mini 0.5 oz/ 15 mL. The DE mini tends to go out of stock and I would highly recommend picking it up to try it. Once a month to start, after that maybe every two weeks. For wash-offs, I also like Vichy’s Masque Peel Double Eclat. 

For sheet masks, I think it’s good to go with a soothing, hydrating mask, especially after using a peel. Lots of good, really good, and great ones out there-and you don’t need to spend a lot to find them. TJ Maxx can be a treasure trove of 5-10 packs if you know what to look for. Missha has quite a few comfortably-fitting and pleasant to wear masks, as does Etude House and Peach Slices (which can be found at CVS, bonus!). Also, Neutrogena makes various hydrogel masks that are two-part and adhere surprisingly well.

I would love to hear about your masking adventures, if you should choose to share them here! The 2021 challenge starts Friday 🎉 

Re: Face masks

@emriq For dryness, dullness and just all around pampering, I love the Mediheal A:Pe sheet mask. It has a ton of niacinamide to help brighten and a lot of soothing ingredients, I love it for after a peel/chemical exfoliation, but I have sensitive skin that requires a bit of TLC. My fave exfoliation mask is the Herbivore Blue Tansy BHA and Enzyme Pore Refining Mask 2 oz/ 60 mL but the Tata Harper Resurfacing BHA Glow Mask is also lovely. Both leave my skin smooth and bright. For reference, I'm early 30s, dry-ish, sensitive-ish skin.

You can also check out theSkincare Routine of the Day and the Mask of the Week Challenge for more insights!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing