Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Face is Red and burning after using Biossance products.

I recently bought the Biossance Squalane + Probiotic Gel Moisturizer, the toner and gentle cleanser and it makes my face SOOOO incredibly red and also burns a little bit after use-I’ve really been trying to see how long it lasts and it literally doesn’t go away even after a nights sleep-could i possibly be allergic or what is the issue here? 

Re: Face is Red and burning after using Biossance products.

The moisturizer either has lactic or salicylic acid in it, can't remember which. Does the same to my face. I can't use it.

Oooh I'm so sorry that happened to you @shanastyy @You may want to go to a doctor if your still hurting hunny,  or a dermatologist. I'd recommend keeping the ingredient list from the specific product and see if you can narrow down what it is that dosen't work for you so you can avoid it in the future. I hope your skin feels better soon

@shanastyy I'm so sorry that you had an issue!  Usually Biossance products are relatively gentle so it's too bad that they didn't work out for you.

When this happens to me Ive used too much product or its simply not compatible with my skin. 
I take an ice cube and wrap it in paper towel or a face cloth and gentle dab on the burning spot. It takes away the redness and burn for me. I also retun the product. 

im not a dermatologist or skin care expert. This is just what I tried.

Try FARMACY CLEAN BEE super gentle beautiful cleanser 

and tatcha essence very gentle and exfoliates softly also plumps 

fresh has a calming mask and DR JART has a $9 mask that calms your face w Cica 

I wouldn’t recommend using a new cleanser esp one with a lot of fragrances when your skin is in this irritated state. I’ve heard good things about the cleanser for some people, but have personally broken out from it and have had another friend find that it causes the same issue for her (she doesn’t have sensitive skin).

@shanastyy  That sounds very much like an allergic reaction.  Ensure you get it off completely and then If you have lanocaine and an antihistamine you can find some relief from the pain and histamine reaction. 

It does sound like you could be allergic to the products, @shanastyy. That, or they're too strong. Can you return them? I would take some Benadryl or Claritin and switch to something gentler. Good luck! 

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing