Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Face dark spots

My main concern is I have dark spots on my upper lip and on my left cheek.   I have freckles and tan pretty easy. My skin is normal to dry.  I don’t know where to start to get a product or products to help these fade. Any advice is appreciated. 

Re: Face dark spots

Hi there @lacupcake ! I have melasma so I have been battling against hyperpigmentation for years. It’s still there, but at least not as noticeable. The most important product to use is sunscreen. That’s a MUST. It would be sad to spend tons of money in fancy skincare and ruin all the progress through unprotected sun exposure. Choose any that fits your needs. In this case you could choose one with vitamin C so you get the protection and the brightening and antioxidant properties from it. There are many option but Supergoop! Daily Dose Vitamin C Serum with SPF 40 1.0 oz/ 30 mL , ILIA C Beyond Triple Serum SPF 40 Mineral Sunscreen with Vitamin C 10% + Niacinamide Translucent Ton... which comes in different tones or Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare All-Physical Dark Spot Sun Defense Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50 1.7 oz are great options.

On top of any Vitamin C serum of your choice, you can also use other brightening products like The Ordinary Azelaic Acid 10% Suspension Brightening Cream , The Ordinary Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA Hyperpigmentation Serum 2 oz/ 60 mL or The INKEY List Alpha Arbutin Brightening Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL just to name a few.

I hope you find a skincare routine that works for you! 🙂

Re: Face dark spots

My cousin was having issues with dark spots and started using drunk elephant vitamin c and she noticed the dark spots fading within a week or two.   I also really like this product also   It is expensive so I like to wait in the fall to stock up on drunk elephant when they have their gift sets cause get more for your money Drunk Elephant C-Firma Fresh Vitamin-C Day Serum .94 oz/ 28 mL 

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing