Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Face Scarring Like a Peach

I recently started using some new products and noticed that my skin has been super soft.  At first I thought it was a good thing, but when I went to scratch my face lightly like I do when my face gets itchy, it caused me to get a deep scratch/scar.  Almost like digging my nails into a peach.  I think the soft face thing comes and goes, since sometimes my face isn't as soft.

The new products I've added recently are Sunday Riley U.F.O. Salicylic Acid BHA Treatment Face Oil 1.18 oz/ 35 mL, Fresh Kombucha Antioxidant Facial Treatment Essence 5 oz/ 150 mL, Yves Saint Laurent Pure Shots Night Reboot Resurfacing Serum (use the sample once), dermatologist prescribe retinol cream for spot treatment only, and I stopped using The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 2 oz/ 60 mL and OLEHENRIKSEN Balancing Force™ Oil Control Toner 6.5 oz/ 193 mL.

Re: Face Scarring Like a Peach

@RAWRitsRED @Could it be possible that you compromised your skin barrier somehow? Too much exfoliation can make your skin more susceptible to irritation. Maybe try spacing out your chemical exfoliants and adding in some ceramides or peptides?

@makeitup305 

I usually exfoliate 1-2 times a week but I've been using some clay masks from the Body Shop so maybe that's contributing.  Thanks for the tip!

I would recommend to only add one new product to your routine slowly, so you will know if it's the one irritating your skin. I would give a product a two week trial to see if my skin likes it, and if not, you're still able to return it or exchange it. If you use multiple new products at once, you don't know which is responsible.

@rosegoldlovely 

I've been adding things slowly and usually stick to a routine.  Not sure what the problem is since I've been using the same products every night for about a month.  The only thing I did was take The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 2 oz/ 60 mL and OLEHENRIKSEN Balancing Force™ Oil Control Toner 6.5 oz/ 193 mL out of my routine and added the Fresh Kombucha Antioxidant Facial Treatment Essence 5 oz/ 150 mL this week.  Still my face is a lot softer on some nights and not so much on other nights... Super weird

Maybe some ingredients in the products aren't mixing well?

Maybe you could try something to make your skin tighter and firmer like the GLAMGLOW GRAVITYMUD™ Firming Treatment Mask 3.5 oz/ 100 g so it won't be too soft to peel.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing