Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

FINALLY - NOT YOUR AVERAGE PORE STRIP ✌

We are beyond thrilled to share with you, our absolute favorite beauty enthusiasts, that our second product Peace Out Pores is now available on Sephora.com, and will be in-store on Friday, 1/26! In July 2017 we launched our first product, Peace Out Acne, and couldn’t be more grateful to you all for embracing these acne stickers with open arms.

To give you guys the inside scoop on how this all came to be, our founder Enrico Frezza identified a hole in the market soon after the launch of Peace Out Acne. He knew this widespread skincare concern could be addressed with our patent-pending formula of combining hydrocolloid technology with active ingredients, and so the new product development process began in late July 2017. 

You may already be familiar with hydrocolloids sold in other conventional drug stores, but what makes this product so special is that this is the first hydrocolloid to be infused with a powerful dose of Vitamin A and DMAE. These 2-in-1 detoxifying strips contain absorptive hydrocolloid technology to lift away dirt, excess sebum, and dead skin cells. The pore-minimizing antioxidant DMAE extracts trapped oil and helps visibly shrink enlarged pores. Once oil and impurities have been liquified into the strip, Vitamin A helps refine skin texture and prevent blackheads from forming. 

After a ton of research and back and forth with our lab in order to perfect this new technology, we are excited to finally be able to share it with you. All we can say is…hope your face is ready to get stripped. 😉 

Share with us what pore issues you've struggled with - is it whiteheads? blackheads? enlarged pores? We want to know! 

POPeaceOutBlkHeadStrpsWPack1 (1).jpgIMG_7267 (1).jpg

Re: FINALLY - NOT YOUR AVERAGE PORE STRIP ✌

@PeaceOutSquad This definitely has my attention.  I've stayed away from pore strips because I've been afraid of getting broken capillaries.  Are these gentle?

So I bought these a few weeks ago and I just wanted to come back and share my thoughts now that I've had a chance to use them a couple of times.

I am pretty impressed - this is not your average pore strip. At first I was not really happy with the thought of having to leave them on for so long but I just put them on before I went to bed (and therefore definitely left them on well above the time they suggest) but it was totally fine. I used them on my nose and chin which is where I struggle with clogged pores a lot.

When I woke up and peeled them off (and a definite upside is that they don't harden like a normal pore strip so peeling them off does not hurt) a significant amount of "gunk" had been pulled from my pores. My nose especially looked a lot better - the pores looked cleaner and smaller. Additionally, when I used them the second time I had a pimple forming on my chin, but it had not completely come to a head yet. The pore strip sucked everything out and it was completely deflated when I woke up. 

I do think I could see using these like every other week as part of my routine. They are a bit pricey for how many you get imo though. 

@Kim888 I agree, the pore strips are pretty amazing! I have only tried these once on my chin during some serious breakouts and it really helped with healing and absorbing the extra gunk. 

I've been using their acne dots and sometimes I feel like I go through them so fast so this is a great way to cover a larger area when I need to treat a larger area. Also when I have the dots on I can't touch my face, which can be half the battle with acne 😄

@PeaceOutSquad Will strips for other areas of the face ever be available? Like for the forehead, chin, cheeks. 

ETA: Oh! Just checked out the product page and it looks like they are. I’d be curious to try these on my forehead then. 

@alexasteph yes they're included. 🙂 The most common areas to use the face strips are the chin and forehead. With that said you could put them on your cheeks, back, or where ever else you have enlarged pores!

These look very interesting. I have problems with excessive sebum and some blackheads, but those are on my cheeks. 

@Samtian Highly encourage you to try it out and put the face strips on your cheeks. 🙂 You'd love them if that's a target area for you!

Samtian wrote:

These look very interesting. I have problems with excessive sebum and some blackheads, but those are on my cheeks. 

Well that's interesting.  It doesn't look like it pulled out a traditional blackhead.  It looks like it pulled out fresher white colored sebum.  I'd be interested in seeing a video of this.

@itscarin thanks for the Community love!! We so appreciate it. You know when you put a napkin on top of a piece of pizza and all the oil is extracted/absorbed? It's kind of like that in a way - the hydrocolloid really does absorb all of your excess oil to help reduce the appearance of pores. Hope that helps. 🙂

itscarin wrote:

Well that's interesting.  It doesn't look like it pulled out a traditional blackhead.  It looks like it pulled out fresher white colored sebum.  I'd be interested in seeing a video of this.

RE: Re: FINALLY - NOT YOUR AVERAGE PORE STRIP ✌

Ok I see it takes 4-6 hrs. That’s definitely new to me!

I am intrigued by these but why so long for the time kept on (4-6 hours?) I don't know if I have the patience to have something clinging to me for that loooong! 

@BeautyScientist It takes 4-6 hours for the powerful active ingredients of Vitamin A & DMAE to be fully absorbed and have a noticable impact on your skin. As for the patience part - we promise you won't even notice if you wear these overnight. 🙂

BeautyScientist wrote:

I am intrigued by these but why so long for the time kept on (4-6 hours?) I don't know if I have the patience to have something clinging to me for that loooong! 

I leave hydrocolloids on overnight, otherwise it doesn't have enough time to actually suck up everything. @BeautyScientist

@PeaceOutSquad Do these cause your nose to itch forever l...

@PeaceOutSquad Do these cause your nose to itch forever like other pore strips?

Re: @PeaceOutSquad Do these cause your nose to itch forever l...

Hey there! I was actually able to test these and that's my photo above. 

What's so unique about these is how hydrating they are. They don't dry out and force you to rip off like other pore strips which used to dry out my face. When I peeled it off it was not painful and it was still sticky after being on my nose for 6 hours. It feels more like the gel texture of blister band aids than a pore strip. Hope that helps!

These seem interesting! I was worried it would just be another strip that rips skin off your face and really don't do much otherwise.

Sadly I don't deal with the type of pimples that drain easily and not in the nose area. I just get hormonal breakouts on my chin that don't drain (because there's nothing inside).

I do wonder if these will help, even if I just use it for the Vitamin A and DMAE.

Will these be available in Canada or just the US @PeaceOutSquad @SephoraBIC

@bakeamuffin Just sold in the U.S. for now - but it doesn't mean this will always be the case. 🙂 we love Canada!

This looks really cool. I always struggle with pores on my nose.

@PrettyPaint right???? Seriously these are going to rock your world. You will definitely notice less oil and the appearance of smaller pores your first time trying these, but using these as a long-term treatment twice a week is when you will really see a sustainable difference!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 24 replies
  • 88 Hearts Given
  • 14 Contributors
Photos2
  • POPeaceOutBlkHeadStrpsWPack1 (1).jpg
  • IMG_7267 (1).jpg
testing