Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

FACE PEEL!!!!๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

Hello I am looking for a face peel! I have combination oily skin with large medium size pores. I am currently using PTR I am new to skincare but feel I might need some additional peeling would it be my only option to get a chemical peeling at a spa? Or are there any other options available? Thank you in advance for your help! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ
Anonymous Insider

RE: FACE PEEL!!!!๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

I really enjoy the bosica deep exfoliating charcoal peel.. I have acne prone skin, larges pores, combination.. i use it 2-3 times a week and I swear the morning after my skin is 75% better than the night before. Get a sample!

RE: FACE PEEL!!!!๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

Dr. Brandt has a great peel. It's called the microdermabrasion exfoliator. It's pricey but totally worth it. There are really good reviews on the product on the site. The best you will find for a skin care product anyway. I'm currently using it and have seen a major improvement in my skin. The progress is slow so be patient but the product is amazing!

Re: FACE PEEL!!!!๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

@IsisGoddes88 Which PTR peel are you currently using? There are many at home chemical peel options depending on how much money and time you want to invest in it and also what intensity are you looking for. PTR has a variety of peels available so knowing which one you are currently using along with other skincare products you use will be helpful to narrow down the choices.

p.s: I would also suggest you to post your question in one of the existing skincare threads so more people can see and response to your question.

RE: Re: FACE PEEL!!!!๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

Hello! Thank you so much for your comment! I am currently using FirmX peeling gel. I'm looking for a peeling that would still allowed me to use my 5 steps cleansing~mask~toner~hydrating gels~ treatments. One that it's not time consuming as I already spend about 40 to 60 minutes every night for morning I only do 3 steps cleansing~toner~hydrating gel. But 3 weeks ago I started noticing like an extra layer on top of my skin and that my treatments where not doing anything so i started using PTR and it seems to working slowly has minimized the thickness of my skin and i can see a healthier glowing skin every time but still not enough so a good peeling probably a stronger one that I can probably repeat twice a year or so would be something that I'm looking for. I am under 30 normal skin used to be oily but due to my change in diet and hydrating gels that i kept using my skin went to combination normal only oily at my t zone and not always depending on sun exposure and makeup. Thank you in advance

Re: RE: Re: FACE PEEL!!!!๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

@IsisGoddes88 I am not sure if there is any do at home peeling system strong enough that is for twice a year only. Guess you have to go to a derm or spa for that. Other than that for regular peeling, the DDG peel pads suggestion you already received is great. 

Another thing that works really well is PMD microdermabrasion device. I am using it for over a year now and never feel any extra skin or texture. It isn't very time consuming as you do it only once a week and it takes no more than a few minutes. If you aren't strictly looking into chemical peels, it is a good tool to invest into.

Ohhh ๐Ÿค— I will look into that! Thank you so much

I use Dr. Dennis Gross Extra Strength, they work pretty good over the long term (~30 days of daily use). I have just ordered another peel from "The Ordinary" line on Beautylish, it's really strong and isn't sold to Canada unless you go through this site..... My friend uses it and loves it. I tried a silk-peel at the spa, which is kinda like microdermabrasion and a gentle peel.... I feel like I'm going to try a full chemical peel next. Overall I think for my skin, the products you can buy would work well as maintenance for in between spa treatments.

Yay! I am ordering just to try out! I'm under 30 should I use the whole month or should I start with one week and see how it goes? Thank you!

Re: RE: Re: FACE PEEL!!!!๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

I am 31 and I tried is a few times for a few days before I went full out with them. I found a better difference when I used them consecutively, but maybe try for a week and see how you feel!

Good luck 

Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing