Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Exfoliator

Pleaase help! I’m at Sephora rn and need a good recommendation for a chemical or enzyme exfoliator. Need to get rid of my dead skin buildup asap ❤️❤️

Anonymous Insider

Re: Exfoliator

My skin is sensitive and rather dry this time of year, so I find true exfoliation products do more harm than good, scratching at the parched surface. I also find myself running out of moisturizers much faster because I'm overcompensating with copious amounts of product to put back in the skin. Solution? Peter Thomas Roth FIRMx™ Exfoliating Peel Gel 3.4 oz/ 100 mL. I SWEAR by this stuff, and you'll honestly feel like you have a whole new face afterwards!!! It's the closest thing I could find next to a facial peel product sample in Vegas that retails at $250+!!😳 Obviously I didn't want to break the bank, so this was the next best thing...and ohhh my gosh, does it WORK!! The tiniest, pea-sized drop targets every morsel of dead skin on your face in the most gentle, non-abrasive manner. You'll be shocked, grossed out, and oddly satisfied watching all the junk come off your face lol! Your pores are so free, it's as if you can literally feel happiness in your skin as it breathes a giant sigh of relief. And it isn't another 5-10 minute step to add to your skin regimen...it takes as little as 30 seconds to a minute tops. Yes, it's a bit pricey, but I just finally finished a bottle I've had for over a year now because a little of this product goes a long way! You also shouldn't need to use it more than once or twice a week depending on your complexion and the environment you live in. But I promise this stuff will have your skin thanking you the minute you rinse off your face and see the radiantly fresh, silky smooth, pleasantly plump living canvas glowing back at you in the mirror! Best wishes, xoxo 💕

@anikasteele the two enzyme washes I've tried are Tatcha The Rice Polish Foaming Enzyme Powder and Saturday Skin Rub-A-Dub Refining Peel Gel  really different products though 😅

@anikasteele i see you edited your post to include chemical exfoliants! so many more options now 😁

If you're looking to get rid of dead skin build up you likely want an AHA and my fave is Lactic Acid. It tends to be a bit more gentle and hydrating but still packs a punch. 

REN Clean Skincare Ready Steady Glow Daily AHA Tonic 16.9 oz/ 500 mL is my go to for chemical exfoliation since its only at 5% its on the lower side of the acid spectrum but does a great job in brightening my skin tone and getting rid of dead skin cells.

Farmacy HONEYMOON GLOW AHA Resurfacing Night Serum with Hydrating Honey + Gentle Flower Acids is a stronger serum at 13% that I've also tried and is a combo of AHA and BHA. Also awesome but I just didn't need that strong of a serum 3x a week. 

These are a couple I've tried and liked. Hope you find something that works for you. 🙂 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Clarifying Peel Pads 60 Pads Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta® Universal Daily Peel Pads 30 Treatments + 5 Bonus 

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing