Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Essence in skincare routine

Any opinions of essence ... is it really worth adding to your routine or is it whatever? I have been thinking about this lately. I have normal skin but do break out a lot but in small amounts nothing too crazy. Just want to take care of my skin more.
Anonymous Insider

Re: Essence in skincare routine

@ValeMadres, I started using an essence in my routine almost a year ago and my skin has really responded well to it, whether I apply a few layers of it or go through the 7-skin method with it.  I find it makes my skin soft and smooth and oh so hydrated.  I can definitely see a difference in the look and feel of my skin when I slack and skip the essence step for a while so for me, I think it is definitely worth incorporating into your routine.

I have used an essence in my routine for ~3 years. I find that whatever skincare I use after an essence absorbs better 🙂

@ValeMadres ABSOLUTELY. I love by the “7 skin method”. It’s literally applying a hydrating essence 7 times in a row. I use 4 different Essences daily. You don’t need that many, this is just what I like to do. My skin is so ridiculously plump and glowing everyday. It’s the best routine I could ever ask for! It does take an extra 5/7 minutes but the results are totally worth it. 

@ValeMadres  just wanted to add in you might want to check out the thread started by @darlyndar talking about this essence method! Everyone gave extremely helpful tips and product guidance in the thread i highly recommend checking it out!

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Korean-Beauty-East-Meets-West-Skincare-Edition/m-p/3...

@Kim888 Thanks for adding the link! I still don’t know how to do that. Lol. I’m never on my laptop. Just my phone. 

@darlyndar I can't figure out how to do it from the app either! I'm not sure it's possible - I always do it from a computer 

Anonymous Insider

I feel like I can use less of my moisturizer/serum after using an essence. Maybe because it makes my skin just hydrated enough that everything spreads around easier. Not sure if it does anything by itself.

RE: Essence in skincare routine

Hi. An essence is intended to give an extra boost in hydration. Some swear by it, and others, as myself, don’t use them. I’ve tried to but have had minor breakouts after trying several. Perhaps, I didn’t use the correct one, or my skin is too sensitive. Because of this, I give more importance to toners than essences. I hope someone more knowledgeable will lead you in a better direction. Good luck!
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 19 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing