Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Dull skin

Any good recommendations for brightening my skin masks or serum or anything?

RE: Dull skin

Vitamin c serums help a lot! Any brand will do they are all pretty similar
Anonymous Insider

Tatcha vitamin c mask

Another great treatment for brightening is the herbivore blue tansy mask. This mask uses organic but effective ingredients. It's also calming and soothing from the blue tansy. Skin is left feeling smooth soft and brighter

Re: Dull skin

If you are looking for a good brightening serum I would definitely recommend something with Vitamin C in it. But if you are using a product with Vitamin C for the first time/if you have extremely sensitive skin I would recommend a product with a lower dosage of Vitamin C. For starters I would try using the Ole Henriksen Truth Serum as I have sensitive skin myself and I noticed it brightened my complexion a lot within a few uses. If you feel like it didn't work for you, the Sunday Riley C.E.O serum is also a good one. But keep in mind if you are using Vitamin C you will NEED to put on sunscreen or else you won't see any changes to your skin. You should wear sunscreen regardless anyways, but if you don't put on sunscreen you will lose the effectiveness of the Vitamin C as Vitamin C itself is photosensitive.

But if sunscreen is not a option for you, Caudalie has a radiance serum that pretty much has the same concept as a Vitamin C serum. The only difference is that instead of using Vitamin C the brand uses more grape extracted ingredients. So the ingredient in the serum that is comparable to Vitamin C is "Viniferine" which is the sap from a grape vine that helps with radiance and dark spots. Apparently this is a old time method that people used to use in brighten up their skin in their skincare routine.

I would choose a serum over a mask if you want to "treat" your skin, but if you just want a "skin pick me up" I would choose a mask for a 1-2 times per week step. Some good brightening masks are the Fresh Vitamin Nectar mask or even the new Tatcha Radiance Mask is a good one, or the Sephora Collection Pearl cotton sheet mask is also one of my favs. I would talk more about these but this reply would be way to long as this is reply pretty long already (whoops). 

I find that the Sunday Riley Vit C serum is amazing. My skin glows and I love it under my foundation/

Thank you so much for such a great help ❤️ I will definitely buy one of those serums you recommended, this reply is really helpful for me, Thanks a lot once again 😊

@vuong97 @Alyssathiele I think Vitamin C is a great idea!  I personally noticed that my skin looks less dull when I mechanically exfoliate.  I also use BHA religiously.  Good luck!

RE: Re: Dull skin

Great suggestions

I love to use Murad's AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser. It has several acids that help as well as little scrubbies that get any remaining dead skin off the face. I use it before I apply any masks so they absorb more efficiently into the skin.

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 13 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing