Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Dry skin!!

I have extreme dry skin and sometimes it feels like there is a mud mask on my face it it so tight, does anybody have products they recommend?? 

Re: Dry skin!!

@ch13oe some things:

1. Stop exfoliation/actives (I.e. AHA, physical exfoliants, retinols, etc) for a few weeks. You might be overusing them in your routine. This can make your skin overly dry and feel tight. You can reintroduce things (slowly, one at a time, once a week to start)  after you get your skin gets less dry.

2. Consider adding the following: 

Day

Hydrating toner 

Hydrating essence 

Hydrating serum - look for something with hylauronic acid and/or squalane. I'm really loving the Glow Recipe Plum Plump™ Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Serum 1.0 oz/ 30 mL but there's a lot of good serums. 

Moisturizer - I prefer a gel moisturizer in the AM even with dry skin, but if you have one you like, you can supplement with other categories. I like to look for ceramides in mine.

Facial oil - this will help add an occlusive layer and hold in any moisturize. Again, squalane is your friend. 

Facial Spray - throughout your morning routine, so you skin never gets dry when you're adding your next layer. Also throughout the day. Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist 2.53 oz/ 75 mL 

Sunscreen! 

Night 

Double cleanse - first with a balm/oil. Stop use cleansing wipes if you are 

Hydrating mask - Farmacy Honey Potion Renewing Antioxidant Hydration Mask 

Hydrating toner 

Night moisturizer - again ceramides are your friends 

Sleeping mask - Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask 5oz/ 142g or Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Night Cream + Mask with Vitamin C 2 oz / 59 ml 

Occlusive - either a facial order or something like aquapore 

3. It is always a good idea to speak with a dermatologist, even digitally, if you can.

Good luck!!

@ch13oe  As others have said if your skin is that dry definitely examine your current routine to make sure you are using things that are good for dry skin.

If you currently don’t have a skin care routine I would suggest getting some good staples, a cleanser and moisturizer.

Cleansers should be gentle and relatively basic. I would check out fresh Soy Hydrating Gentle Face Cleanser  or KORRES Greek Yoghurt Foaming Cream Cleanser 

An amazing moisturizer for extremely dry skin is Tatcha The Dewy Skin Cream Plumping & Hydrating Moisturizer  
Another good moisturizer is Farmacy Honey Halo Ultra-Hydrating Ceramide Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

@ch13oe Do you have a skincare routine?

What products are you currently using?

Things to avoid for sensitive dry skin: harsh soap, products with alot of fragrance in them, overwashing the face thinking it might help the dryness (it doesnt).

Also, if you take "hot" showers, just like @toribestl  said, avoid hot water on your face, it might feel good on the moment, but it really damages the skin.

You can take hot showers, just dont put your face directly at the water. In other words, you dont need to wash your face while in the shower, you can do it before or after.

I also suggest to moisturize your face before to enter the shower, ive been doing that, and it really helps to protect the skin even more from the hot water "damage". 

If you cannot see a dermatologist at the moment, you could always talk to a pharmacist, its part of theyre job to advise people. And that even if you arnt a member of that pharmacy.

In the meantime, keep hydrating morning and night, and also exfoliate atleast once a week.

Talk to a pharmacist and ask and check the brands Cerave and Aquaphore too.

Certain "better" skincare products/brands are not on the regular shelves, and are in another section, ask a pharmacist.

Again, dont forget that pharmacists can assist 😉

My skin has gotten like that recently! Ik it clogs pores but i use aquaphore on my face 1-2 a week . I also try taking colder showers because the hot water can dry out skins has been working pretty well for me !

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing