Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Dry skin

I’m trying to find the best cleanser for me

my skin is really DRY 

Re: Dry skin

I also have very dry (and sensitive) skin, and these two products have been really good for my daily skincare routine. Either one is great, i would recommened getting the mini size of each to compare which one you prefer. The Youth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser and MILK MAKEUP Vegan Milk Cleanser 4 oz/ 118 mL. They're both moisturizing facial cleansers that keep my face hydrated. 

If you're skin is dry, I second the skipping your a.m wash unless necessary.

Pat your skin dry instead of using a towel or face cloth, push the water back into the skin and follow with your hydrating toner,serum(s) and finish with moisturizer + spf

Make sure you are not using water that is too hot, opt for warm. 

Is your face wash too drying? The Cerave Hydrating cleansers are gentle and moisturizing.

If you use a face scrubby , do so gently. If you use an exfoliator like a rough cloth, or cleaners with rough exfoliating pieces I recommend leaving them out of your routine. Glow recipie's Watermelon toner is hydrating but also gently exfoliates with Aha's and Bha's, less rough the using physical exfoliating. Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow PHA + BHA Pore-Tight Toner Limited Edition 5.07 oz / 150 mL 

Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow PHA + BHA Pore-Tight Toner 5.07 oz/ 150 mL 

Ordinary Squalane cleanser or Superfood antioxidants cleanser from youth for the people 

@Caarooliinaa  I have mostly-dry combo skin. At night, I use CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser Bar on my face and body in the shower. That's the solid bar form of the popular CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser. Also consider Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser and Vanicream's cleanser. You can probably find all 3 of those brands at your local drugstore. Another option is Paula's Choice Optimal Results Hydrating Cleanser; you can find that online at a few different retailers, but Paula's Choice often has sales at their own site (they're offering 20% off right now) and they sell travel and foil samples of many products. 

If you normally wash your face morning and night, try skipping the AM wash unless absolutely necessary. I often just gently wipe my face down with a wet plush microfiber cloth in the morning, and sometimes not even my whole face—maybe just around my eyes. If I do need a cleanser in the morning, I use either Paula's Choice Optimal Results Hydrating Cleanser or a cleansing balm (my 2 favorites are made by Paula's Choice and The Inkey List). 

ahi! I would maybe Recommend the Tatcha The Rice Wash Skin-Softening Cleanser ; I heard its moisturizing , good for dry, combo, and oily skin. take a look at the reviews maybe!

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 17 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing