Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Dry skin/combo. I need the perfect serum!

Hey ladies! So, I always do a ton of chemical peels and use epiduo here and there to control my cystic acne. My skin has been pretty dry lately (confidence in a cream has been helping a LOT - thank you IT cosmetics!), but overall sometimes I feel like when my skin is in its normal state i have pretty combination skin. What is the perfect serum that is hydrating but can also tend to my acne issues? (if it's anti aging + helps with fine lines thats a plus)

Re: Dry skin/combo. I need the perfect serum!

La mer could help, or First aid Beauty, it will help to recovery the damage skin

RE: Dry skin/combo. I need the perfect serum!

Hi, I had cystic acne from taking Paxil and it cleared up when I stopped taking the medicine. I know the struggle!! If your skin isn't too dry, I would suggest something with salicylic acid for sure. U.F.O. By Cynthia Riley is good, maybe get a sample at the store first because it is a little pricey

If your main concern is hydration, I love guerlain's super aquaserum. Its been around for a long time, works really well very hydrating, but its a bit expensive. I uses it when my skin is SUPER dry, and it does a good job hydrating my skin. 

A few suggestions - Clinique Moisture Surge Hydrating Concentrate; Peter Thomas Roth Cloud serum and face cream; Dr. Jarts Ceramidin Liquid. 

No serum can do everything (anti-aging, hydration, breakout etc). Some claims to do so but they mainly focus on one thing while others are side consideration. Vitamin C is good for anti-aging and skin texture problems, I find my breakout goes away faster and are not as severe when using it as well. Some vit C serum are not hydrating, or they leave a residue, or they may feel irritating on sensitive skin (after a peel). My favorite is Perricone vitamin C serum, which feels great on the skin, no irritation/residue and slightly hydrating. If your focus is anti-aging (that are slightly hydrating without making your skin acne-prone) then try Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair or Lancome Genefique serum.

But if you want to focus on hydration (since you are using peels and all that), I'm a big fan of Drunk Elephant B-hydra or Murad Hydro-dynamic essence (which is def not essence but a serum).

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing