cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|
Anonymous Insider

Dry scalp > any tips?

Last week I was at the hairdresser and she told me my scalp is very dry. I was wondering if anyone knows a great shampoo that helps with this problem.

Thank you!

Tags:

Re: Dry scalp > any tips?

Yes, scalp massages are good as are wooden brushes/combs they help to distribute natural oils as well.

I like the moisturizing shampoo & conditioner from the brand It's a 10. I don't remember the exact name of them. I am currently trying other brands but don't like them as much.

T-Gel is so gross, I prefer head & shoulders if I have flaking. It smells so much better I'd only do T-Gel if I plan to be a shut-in.

RE: Dry scalp > any tips?

How often do you shampoo? I had dry scalp issues and I shampoo 1-2 times a week depending on how active I am. My hair doesn’t get very greasy but my scalp gets dirty. I started using /IGK Low Key walnut scalp scrub/ in replacement on my shampoo every other time and my scalp immediately cleared up. It was insane how quickly it worked! It’s just a scalp scrub too so if the rest of your hair doesn’t get greasy or dirty easily then you don’t have to worry about stripping it of it’s natural oils! 10/10 would recommend!

Best thing I found for dry scalp is to massage it! it helps distribute your natural hair oils throughout your scalp and increases blood flow. Do it every day consistently and I promise you'll see improvement! I had a couple dry patches with little white flakes and practicing scalp massage for a week made them go away ^_^ You can also use a little organic olive oil and a wide tooth comb once a week for extra TLC if needed.

@Anonymous Neutrogena T-Gel comes to mind, but I'm not 100% certain.  You may wish to look into that one.  Also, you can try posting on the Hair Board.  Good luck!  🙂

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing