Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Dry, dehydrated in very dry climate (if you are living on the coast, no it’s not as dry as northern Alberta)

Hello ladies!  I just wonder about what you are using when this winter weather hit and product like lala retro cream and the protini  from drunk elephant is not enough anymore (I use Ren calm milk cleaner so this is not the issue). 

FAB, la neige doesn’t even work in summer so they are already out... 

Re: Dry, dehydrated in very dry climate (if you are living on the coast, no it’s not as dry as northern Alberta)

Re: Dry, dehydrated in very dry climate (if you are living on the coast, no it’s not as dry as northern Alberta)

Khiels Ultra Facial Cream! 
Sunday Riley Vitamin C oil

When I lived in Alberta, with my dryish skin, there were a couple of things I added to my routine to help. @Ge77 

Morning

-hydrating serum (look for hyaluronic acid, but only if following with another humectant)

-moisturizer

-face oil! (squalane is a plus here, i really like the Herbivore Orchid Antioxidant Beauty Face Oil - For Combination Skin 1.7 oz/ 50 mL mixed with Herbivore Phoenix Rosehip Anti-Aging Face Oil - For Dry Skin 1.7 oz/ 50 mL )

Throughout the day

-facial spray

Evenings

-rich moisturizer (i love the #Fresh Lotus Anti-Aging Night Moisturizer 1.6 oz/ 50 mL )

-sleeping mask (there's many good options, including Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask 5oz/ 142g, LANEIGE Water Sleeping Mask, Glow Recipe Watermelon + AHA Glow Sleeping Mask 2.7 oz/ 80 mL (although this also has AHAs))

Good luck!

I moved from humid to dry climate and added a rosehip oil from Mario Badescu in the morning and Pixi's Jasmine oil at night. I then use Aveeno calm+restore moisturizer day and night because I was using the ultra calming night cream but the calm+restore healed my dry patches within 2 days.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing