Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|
Anonymous Insider

Dry, dehydrated, and texured skin? IN NEED OF HELP ASAP PLZ...

I have dry, uneven skin tone, dehydrated and textured skin as well as redness and some sensitivity. So exfoliating is tricky s ok ANYONE HAVE AN GREAT RECOMMENDATIONS WHEN IT COMES TO EXFLORIATORS AS WELL AS TONERS? IN NEED OF HELP. ONLY SENSITIVITY TO HARSH SCRUBS AND 24 GOLD PRODCTS. ALSO, MASKS FOR TEXURED, DULL, AND DRY SKIN????

Re: Dry, dehydrated, and texured skin? IN NEED OF HELP ASAP PLZ...

Try chemical exfoliation instead of a physical scrub. I use FIRST AID BEAUTY - FAB Skin Lab Resurfacing Liquid 10% AHA 2-3 nights a week. I didn’t start out using it that often; I began with just one night a week, then worked up to 3-4 nights a week as my skin got used to AHA. I’ve since dropped back to 2-3 nights/week because I’ve started using retinol. If chemical exfoliation scares you (heh, it terrified me before I ever tried it; I was sure my finicky skin would throw the mother of all tantrums over it), a very gentle way to ease your skin into AHA is FIRST AID BEAUTY - Facial Radiance Pads.

For toners, avoid any that contain alcohol (aside from good fatty alcohols, like cetyl alcohol and stearyl alcohol; those are perfectly fine) since they’ll worsen your already dry skin. I use Indie Lee CoQ-10 Toner 4.2 oz/ 125 mL which does everything a toner’s supposed to do, without drying out my face. I’m told e.l.f. makes a good toner that costs much less. I don’t recall its name, but I think it’s marketed as an essence though it’s basically a toner. UPDATE: it’s called e.l.f. Hydrating Water Essence. It contains no alcohol and includes hyaluronic acid. A friend swears by it. Her caveat: it’s scented, but the fragrance isn’t very strong. 

In general, look for products that contain hyaluronic acid for hydration. Some folks also have great success with honey in skincare products, especially masks; I can’t use products that contain honey (my skin hates it for some reason), but it might work well for you. Also, things containing vitamin C will help with dullness. 

Anonymous Insider

Re: Dry, dehydrated, and texured skin? IN NEED OF HELP ASAP PLZ...

Hello! Tatcha dewy skin cream is AMAZING, that paired with Peter thomas roth water drench hyaluronic cloud serum will do wonders for your dryness! Also you should look at peter thomas roth peeling gel for the texture.  Sunday Riley Good Genes & ceo brightening serum for uneven skin tone and redness. I would also suggest a SPF, I really like the Peter Thomas Roth one because it doesn't give you that oily spf feeling . Also the Sunday riley Luna sleeping oil! It has blue Tansy in it and that works wonders for redness.. herbivore also has a blue tansy clarity mask ! I tagged everything below!

Tatcha The Dewy Skin Cream Plumping & Hydrating Moisturizer 1.7 oz / 50 mL

Peter Thomas Roth FIRMx™ Exfoliating Peel Gel 3.4 oz/ 100 mL

Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench® Hyaluronic Cloud Serum

Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One AHA Lactic Acid Treatment 1.7 oz / 50 ml

Sunday Riley C.E.O. 15% Vitamin C Brightening Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL

Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Retinoid Night Oil 1.18 oz/ 35 mL

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing