Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Skincare Aware

Dry brushing 101

I've heard so many good things, but I have NO idea what it is, besides that you probably brush your skin... while it's dry... Smiley Tongue  But really, any tips and tricks to getting started would be appreciated, because I have tons of questions:

1) What kind of brush do I use?

2) Is llama hair okay?

3) Brush recommendations?

4) Does this mean I finally have to get a Clarisonic?

5) How often do I need to clean the brush?

6) Do I brush before or after showering?

7) Do I brush before or after moisturizing?

8) Is face dry-brushing a thing?

9) What if my face has a mustache?

10) How do I brush sensitive skin?

11) What are the benefits of dry brushing besides getting rid of skin flakes?

12) Any horror stories (bad experiences)?

Edit: Added numbers to the questions!

Re: Dry brushing 101

Dry brushing is great for flaky skin! That's why I started doing it, everything else is just icing. I drybrush, then put some oil on my legs and hop in the shower and finish with body butter afterwards. It's done wonders for my legs and upper arms! (no scaly patches! \o/)

Although if you're doing it more for skin texture and such going in a circular motion seems to work a bit better than short strokes towards your middle.

Do you find that you have to exfoliate less?

Yes! I only use my salt scrub once every week or two now, and that's mostly because it's packed in oil and makes my legs feel buttery soft. Smiley Happy They are less itchy and I don't feel like I need to slather lotion on them every 20 minutes anymore, and I've only had one scaly red patch this winter. (Usually I have them constantly, yay crazy dry skin.)

I absolutely see and feel an aesthetic benefit to it.  My skin does look healthier and feels so soft.  I think many things that are healthier tend to also have an additional benefits to the skin (eating lots of fruit and veg, staying hydrated, exercising, etc).

Anyway, I totally recommend it!

Conversation Stats
  • 24 replies
  • 60 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
Photos2
  • brush.jpg
  • LLAMA_BRUSHES_by_Love2B.jpg