Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Skincare Aware

Dry brushing 101

I've heard so many good things, but I have NO idea what it is, besides that you probably brush your skin... while it's dry... Smiley Tongue  But really, any tips and tricks to getting started would be appreciated, because I have tons of questions:

1) What kind of brush do I use?

2) Is llama hair okay?

3) Brush recommendations?

4) Does this mean I finally have to get a Clarisonic?

5) How often do I need to clean the brush?

6) Do I brush before or after showering?

7) Do I brush before or after moisturizing?

8) Is face dry-brushing a thing?

9) What if my face has a mustache?

10) How do I brush sensitive skin?

11) What are the benefits of dry brushing besides getting rid of skin flakes?

12) Any horror stories (bad experiences)?

Edit: Added numbers to the questions!

Re: Dry brushing 101

Eesh, girl.  I though I had sensitive skin!  Maybe try a sisal or agave fiber wash cloth/mitt ... they're woven and the fibers are a little softer, so I think might be less likely to be abrasive.

It also reduces the appearance of cellulite! My thighs look so much better since I've started drybrushing.

Another 100 hearts!!  Heart

Would any of these work?

My husband uses a Shiseido brush on his face (it is an older brush and I am not even sure they make it anymore but it is very similar to the facial brushes you posted).  He alternates it with the Clarisonic.  The facial brushes are much too soft and pliable for him to use on his body though.

Highlighted

Sorry evno, I just have no control over this llama thing. I will try to do better tomorrow.

Poor little Llamas Smiley Sad

1-4. natural hair usually preferred. I just got mine from the natural/health section of the grocery store. You can probably use the Clarasonic body brush one if you really want.

5. I.....actually haven't cleaned mine since it's dry....I suppose you can spray alcohol on it occasionally.
6-7. Brush before showering and before moisturizing.
8. No face dry brushing
9. Good luck.
10. Sensitive skin for body? tread lightly, use a softer brush?
11. Increase circulation/detox.
12. no

I just love your answer to #9. Good luck. LOL!

I've actually only ever done dry brushing as part of a detox diet- as quoti mentioned, it stimulates the lymphatic system, so it is really great for that.  The only thing I have to add to this is :the reason to brush towards your midsection, as that is where the major lymphatic drains are.  Use should use a fairly light hand when dry brushing, especially if doing it for detox or immune system stimulation- your lymphatics respond best to a feather light touch. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 24 replies
  • 60 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
Photos2
  • brush.jpg
  • LLAMA_BRUSHES_by_Love2B.jpg