Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Dry Lips

My lips get super dry in the winter and as soon as they crack, I have this nervous habit where I pick at them and it gets even worse! Any recommendations for how to keep my lips moisturized, so I don't start the cycle again this year? 

Re: Dry Lips

I make sure that I always have a lip balm or Vaseline on my lips and that keeps them really moisturized. I also love using Jeffree Star's lip scrubs. You can try some lip masks too. 

Anonymous Insider

Farmacy Lip Bloom. It's kind of like an oil-balm and I only apply it at night. When I wake up my lips are super moisturized, and no dead skin!

RE: Dry Lips

Fresh sugar lip balms the best in the market!

This needs to be dealt with in 3 ways: 1) Hydrate more (more water!) 2) Use any of the moisturizing balms or oils that have been recommended. I also love a fresh product - the sugar lip caramel omggggg 3) Use a coating product afterward that will lock in hydration. Most lip balms have a wax or jelly to do this but you could just throw on a cheap "chapstick" if you want. This last step though isn't essential unless you use only an oil for moisture. So yeah...just remember that certain ingredients (anything waxy) coats and anything silky and oily actually moisturizes!

At night, I put coconut oil on my lips, wait about 5 minu...

At night, I put coconut oil on my lips, wait about 5 minutes, then go over it with my lip balm.

I love Smith's Rosebud Salve. I've noticed that if I stray away from it and switch to other brands my lips get super dry. Then I start using the rosebud again and they heal within a day.

I find that when I drink a lot of water I don't have dry lips.

@GraceMck I moisturize my lips at night and use a lip mask in the morning everyday before I start my day. With this being said, I haven't struggled with dry lips for years. I'll link my favorites down below for you to check out:

https://www.sephora.com/product/lip-butter-P199109?skuId=1052687&icid2=products%20grid:p199109

https://www.sephora.com/product/everyday-agave-lip-collection-P416727?skuId=1899020&icid2=products%2...

https://www.sephora.com/product/agave-lip-mask-P384629?skuId=1575042&icid2=products%20grid:p384629

In your makeup routine u could add chapstick. Or at night you can massage coconut oil on your lips

Big fan for many years of Fresh Sugar lip products, highly recommend their scrub, because you want to keep the dead skin off plus it helps delay those little lip lines. The lip colors are the only lipstick I've worn for many years because 1) they are unbelievably moisturizing 2) they have SPF protection and 3) they're available in a wide variety of colors for every mood!
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
testing