Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Drunk elephant thread

Ladies I think we should create threads for skin line products to answer questions and talk about new products. Since drunk elephant is one of my favorite skincare lines, I wanted to start a thread

Drunk elephant thread

Why is the babyfacial mini not available in Canada?

Re: Drunk elephant thread

The acid content is too high and can't be sold in Canada.

Lala Retro has been reformulated to add plant ceramides (not to be confused with peptides which are in Protini). New formula will be available on Sephora from 9th July.

I am excited for this !! 

Note : New packaging will say “Ceramides” just under ‘6 African oils’

64938F27-3430-47DC-9525-E42D352679F5.jpeg

@naturalooks15 So excited to try this! 

Best,
Rebecca

I ♥️ My original Drunk Elephant Lala Retro™ Nourishing Whipped Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL

(*without ceramides) please don’t do me wrong girl! I’d hate to have to find a new moisturizer. 

I'm really looking forward to trying this!  Maybe I won't need the extra marula oil in addition to the cream (save some $$$).

Has anyone tried this?  I’m curious how it works for people compared to the original. Any of the DE products with peptides a seen to make me breakout. I’m hoping ceramides and my skin get along. 

I’m happy to see that they’re going to add ceramides @naturalooks15 ! This is my usual winter PM cream, it’s going to be even better! Wonderful! Thanks for sharing and making my day! 🤗 I won’t have to use 2 creams anymore ( I would apply the LaLa and then apply TO NMF+HA moisturizer ( which contains ceramides ) over it! ).

good to hear @keana1  that you also use TO NMF 🙂 I got that for my kids (since Dr. Jart is quite expensive) recently and they started using it couple of weeks ago. How long have you been using it? You think NMF it's not enough on it's own?

I am thinking of buying Lala for my elder one as she has eczema prone skin but for my younger one I was thinking of just continuing with NMF. 

I think that it good enough to be used every day for your younger one, as long as he/she doesn’t have very dry skin @naturalooks15 . I only use it on top of other creams when my skin is winter dry ( I live in Canada so winters are brutal up here! ) but not on a daily basis. It’s not moisturizing enough for me but it should be great for someone with normal/combo skin. I hope this helps you! 😉

@keana1  Yup, just the two words 'Canada' and 'winter' explain it 🙂 Thanks for your response. It's helpful. 

You’re welcome @naturalooks15 !

That's great to hear @naturalooks15 ❤️ ceramides, thank you for sharing!

That’s interesting. The original didn’t work for me, but maybe this one will.

@suzyo  What didn't work for you in the original?

If it was too heavy for you, it still will be heavy because they are not changing that part, just adding the ceramides so it will help calm sensitive skin I think. 

@naturalooks15 It wasn't that it was too heavy, my skin just reacted to it. Not a breakout, but I would get painful lumps after using it for just 1 day.

@suzyo  that sounds aweful. Maybe get a sample before trying the new formula. 

@naturalooks15 Ceramides help with moisturizing skin!

Thank you @RNGesusPls  

@Kim888  @MlleCC  Me too. This is my go-to night cream in winters but now this new formula would be bad for my wallet as I might get this for my daughter too. Currently I buy Dr. Jart Ceramidine cream for her as she has very delicate skin for various reasons. 

such a great moisturizer already - I'm excited to try the new formula !

Conversation Stats
Photos32
  • 193FCDF0-1BFA-46B4-8624-6651D698FDB8.jpeg
  • 47F9BF27-A617-4546-B9A7-1847AEAF319A.jpeg
  • 6B92BCEE-783E-4FC7-A9A6-6F276A4B056E.jpeg
  • 29CBBAE1-7464-4A8B-ADA2-8CE7FD36102A.jpeg
  • 09D8F514-77AA-43AD-A1FA-37713F3ADEFE.jpeg
  • 0288A5C2-6BCF-46C6-A308-B4C9F69E8FB6.gif
  • C98DF849-B31C-488C-AE0E-5900BA76E037.jpeg
  • tenor.gif
  • Screenshot_20190328-190052_Instagram.jpg
  • From Instagram @rivas_nathan,  space nk has it in stock but ont on the US site
  • Screenshot_20190328-200020_Instagram.jpg
  • 30C736D1-2299-4279-9186-3A1F6C0D0AD2.png
  • Credit:  sephorainsidejcp_gf @Instagram
testing