Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Drunk elephant baby facial - is it worth it?

I have been oscillating back and forth for a long time whether or not I want to take the plunge and try this product. My main concern is textured, uneven skin tone due to acne scars. Is it worth the price?

Re: Drunk elephant baby facial - is it worth it?

Hi @Mallory128, I use it and really like it. It’s helped reduce the colouring of my dark spots and helped smooth out my skin texture. @greeneyedgirl107 has good advice: see if you can get a sample of it.  Sephora is really good about giving out a small sample - enough to see if it’s too strong for you or if any other adverse reaction happens.

RE: Drunk elephant baby facial - is it worth it?

I absolutely love it!!!!! I am still using the same bottle I bought in November of last year. I use once a week as the directions say too and my face is so smooth and I have more natural glow now. Awesome product!!! I highly recommend.

@Mallory128 You may wish to get a sample of this and skin how your skin tolerates it as the concentration of AHA is high.  

There are lower concentrations of AHA out there that are less expensive, like Paula's Choice and Alpha Skin Care.

RE: Drunk elephant baby facial - is it worth it?

Hi @Mallory128 Yes, I think it is worth it. The mask lives up to its claims. The price is steep, but I use it once a week as my dry, sensitive skin would not be able to tolerate more. For a daily or every other day maintenance, Origins Rose Re-texturizing masks works great at diminishing the appearance of texture. It is gentle yet effective. So... I say yes to both! Hope this helps

@Mallory128 I 100% think it's worth the price. It is a bit intense but my skin really loves it - it always stamps out any impending break out and leaves my skin super soft and brightened. I know there are cheaper options, I've tried them, and for me they worked but they didn't work as well - this is a holy grail mask for me so I deff think it's worth the price

I really enjoyed the deluxe sample of baby facial that I received a while ago -- but I can get the same thing done with The Ordinary's AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution, and it's a fraction of the price. Just follow the instructions exactly, and lather the sunscreen on the first couple days after. I only do it once a week but it's been an amazing addition to my skincare routine (Lactic Acid has also made a world of difference for my texture!)###

I will have to try this! For the price, why not?

@mygoals 

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing