Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Drunk Elephant night serum alternative

Hey! Does anybody know of a good alternative to the Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Framboos™ Glycolic Resurfacing Night Serum? I am hesitant about using their new formula, since the old one works great with my combo skin. I am in my 20s. Before using this serum, I had horrible hormonal acne. It really transformed my skin.

As a reference, here is the rest of my pm skin care routine:

fresh Kombucha 2-in-1 No-Rinse Cleanser & Prebiotic Treatment 6.7 oz/ 200 mL 

Summer Fridays Cloud Dew Gel Cream Moisturizer 1.70 oz/ 50 mL 

Youth To The People Dream Eye Cream with Vitamin C and Ceramides 0.5 oz/ 15 mL 

Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Night Cream + Mask with Vitamin C 2 oz / 59 ml 

Thanks so much for your help! ❤️

Re: Drunk Elephant night serum alternative

@adrianamancini For AHA, I like Alpha Skin Care (I use their 10% gel) and it looks like they have a 14% serum.  Last I know, I thought the DE was 14% concentration.

EDIT: Here's the beautypedia review of the reformulated DE (5/5 stars): 

Spoiler

Drunk Elephant’s T.L.C. Framboos Glycolic Night Serum’s switched up its formula a tiny bit since we originally checked it out – but fans of this product need not worry, as it still holds up as a great exfoliant for all skin types.

In fact, the only significant change here is that sodium hydroxide (also known as lye, a pH stabilizer that in large amounts can cause sensitization) is no longer present. All of the great ingredients are still here – and that means very good things for your skin.

This lightweight, fragrance-free gel absorbs quickly, and works well for all skin types. The stars of the show here are the alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) glycolic, lactic, and tartaric acids, (citric acid is listed in the claims as one of the exfoliating acids, though it’s much more effective in higher concentrations than what’s present here) which are effective for improving the look and feel of skin, especially when formulated in a product with a pH between 3-4, as this one is at 3.7.

Backing up the AHAs is a good amount of salicylic acid (beta hydroxy acid, or BHA), which helps unclog pores and smooth skin texture. There’s also a nice mix of green tea, horse chestnut, cactus,, and raspberry extracts. For good measure, Drunk Elephant also included skin-repairing sodium hyaluronate and marula oil.

If you’re already a fan of this exfoliant – or are looking to try it out for the first time – rest assured it remains one of our favorites!

PROS:
  • Includes an efficacious amount of alpha hydroxy acids.
  • Contains a good amount of pore-refining salicylic acid.
  • Formulated at a pH to ensure exfoliation can occur.
  • Includes several antioxidants, alongside moisturizing ingredients.
  • Packaged to protect its light- and air-sensitive ingredients.
  • Fragrance free.
CONS:
  • None

Re: Drunk Elephant night serum alternative

@greeneyedgirl107 Thank you so much! This information is very helpful 🙂

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing