Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Drunk Elephant Umbra Sheer™ Physical Daily Defense SPF 30

I just got my order of the Drunk Elephant Umbra Sheer™ Physical Daily Defense SPF 30. The instructions on the box say that you have to apply it every 2 hrs - but Sephora's website said nothing of the sort. Are users protected for a full day? I use sunscreen as part of my daily skincare routine and it is not effective for me to reapply sunscreen every 2 hrs. Help!?

Thanks!

Drunk Elephant Umbra Sheer™ Physical Daily Defense SPF 30

umbra sheer physical defence is zink oxide sunscreen . zinc oxide protecting your skin by bouncing uv rays of your skin. during this process some of the zink oxide particals will be broken down and lost . this means yes, if you are outside all day long under the direct sun you do need to reapply every 2 hours or basically you leave your skin unprotected. but you can also extend your protection by wearing hat , staying indoors, staying in the shadow and avoiding direct sunlight in this case one application can last all day . if you work in the office and only go outside for an hour during your lunch you ll be totally fine without reapplying . also dont forget chemical sunscreens dont work same way and you should reapply it always.

RE: Drunk Elephant Umbra Sheer™ Physical Daily Defense SPF 30

@Parksy666 Hi. I like reapplying with a facial, physical sunscreen. I like Dr. Dennis Gross’ mineral spray. It is soothing, without alcohol, and is easy to re-apply. Hopefully, it is something you are looking for.

Re: Drunk Elephant Umbra Sheer™ Physical Daily Defense SPF 30

Hey!  All sunscreens need to be re-applied every few hours in order to be most effective.    I struggle with re-application as well since I've already done my make up and putting a lotion over my make up defeats the purpose of putting my make up on.  I always put on my sunscreen lotion in the morning then through out the day I'll re apply a lotion to my body.  In order to reapply my facial sunscreen I've found 2 solutions that work for me.  I have a few different powder sunscreens that I'll use to touch up, these can be great, especially if its warmer outside and I could use some powder anyhow.  I also like powder sunscreens as I've found them fantastic for working into my hairline and my part if I'm not wearing a hat.  Peter Thomas Roth and Supergoop make some that I've found to enjoy from Sephora.  My second solution is setting sprays with sunscreen in them, or sunscreen sprays.  I have one from Coola and an ulta brand one that I tend to re-purchase.  I find these are nice and refreshing through the day and I keep one in my desk for when I go out for lunch or am on my way home from work.  I can apply them without a mirror.  While neither of these I'm sure add enough sunscreen to be a full application, I find that I'm adding a bit to whatever is left from my morning application.  Hope these can help you a bit!

Re: Drunk Elephant Umbra Sheer™ Physical Daily Defense SPF 30

Interesting. I've never thought of powder sunscreens. I appreciate the insight. I've used Josie Maran's for a few years and have never had to re-apply, even when sweating outside doing yard work. Sadly, her product is too oily for my skin and any foundation and primer I've put it with. Thanks!

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing