Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Drunk Elephant TLC Babyfacial

Hey all! I bought the babyfacial mask by drunk elephant, and I got this red sensitive chemical burn exactly where I applied the product, just a few minutes after. I would definitely not recommend, I needed aloe vera to calm it down. Just wanted to warn you all. <333

Re: Drunk Elephant TLC Babyfacial

The first time I used it I was SO surprised by the sensation and how red my face got, I thought I was having an allergic reaction, lol. Turns out that's (relatively) normal for this product. I'm not a fan, unfortunately, because a lot of people I've seen review the product say it works wonders for the skin. I want to like it so bad but my poor skin looks so terrible once I apply it. 😞

@Madeleinebweiss sorry to hear that happened! I second @GG84 ! I use the mask regularly with no irritation - it’s actually a holy grail mask for me and my skin loves it. It is pretty strong though and if you haven’t used acids before I can see how that would happen. I did start leaving it for only 10 minutes when I first started and built up to the twenty minutes 

@Madeleinebweiss If you are new to acid based masks, I can see how this one might irritate your skin, this is why they include that tiny sample of Virgin Marula Oil in there. 

For myself, I get no redness or irritation at all when using Baby Facial. I am very accustomed to acid based products and none irritate my skin. 

A good starting point for someone who wants to ease their way into acid based exfoliants is anything Lactic acid based. It tends to be more on the gentle side. 

Sorry that you had a bad reaction, @Madeleinebweiss.  Do you normally have sensitive skin?

it's the oddest thing, because my skin is pretty tough!! so i'm kind of stumped...

RE: Drunk Elephant TLC Babyfacial

oh wow, so glad I saw this because I was going to purchase it! that’s so weird, I hope your healing up girlfriend!

Baby Facial is definitely a very powerful peel, @Madeleinebweiss . I'm sorry to hear you had a bad reaction to it! I hope your skin heals quickly! Definitely stick a light hydrating routine for the new few days with plenty of that aloe. 

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing