Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

Ok. So I just realized that it said not to use this product with Retinols or Retinoids. I have been using this serum underneath the Murad Retinol Youth Renewal Night Cream. And I had no idea that I wasn't supposed to be doing this. What do you guys use this product with? I know they recommend the Virgin Marula Luxury Oil, but when I tried pairing these products, it just made me shiny, and I didn't particularly like it. I am hoping to find a creamy luxurious night cream. Something that will really deliver. Any suggestions?

Re: Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If it wasn't causing irritation, then it should be fine. You didn't specify if you were using a sunscreen. Both AHAs and retinols cause skin to be more sensitive to the sun, and you could do some real damage if you aren't applying sunscreen, even if you don't notice.

For nighttime, I love using Dr. Jart's Ceramidin Cream. Its very hydrating.

RE: Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

@WoahThatsRob it’s recommended not to use them together because it ma cause irritation. Since you’ve already been pairing them, your skin must tolerate the pair together. You’re fine to keep to your routine. I don’t have sensitive skin at all and am able to layer Retinol and Glycolic as well but I prefer Retinol and Lactic in the form of Sunday Riley’s Luna and Good Genes.

Re: RE: Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

Just wanted to agree - I was using the TLC serum with Luna oil for quite a while without realizing there was that warning and I never had an issue. If it hasn't caused a sensitivity for you then you should do what works!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing