Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Drunk Elephant - Protini Polypeptide Cream

Hello! I was wondering if this product is worth the hype or the price. Let me know your thoughts!

Tags:

Re: Drunk Elephant - Protini Polypeptide Cream

Hi @Ericamp,

I agree with everyone on this thread! I love the Drunk Elephant Protini™ Polypeptide Firming Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL, it is lightweight, feels refreshing and sinks into the skin quickly! A little goes a long way and mine lasted for good couple months. I just ran out and would highly recommend! 🙂

-Helen

Drunk Elephant - Protini Polypeptide Cream

it is so worth it and it works I'm 52 and I can see a difference

It’s one of the best moisturizers I have tried. Really hydrating and moisturizing without being heavy at all. Great for ALL skins.

Another person who loves DE Protini!  

I bought one in Jan 2018, and I loved it.  However, I had accumulated so many minis over the holiday (2017), so I decided not to repurchase Protini in order to use up all the mini moisturizers I had purchased to try.  Fast forward to Oct, I purchased the DE C-Firma set, which includes a mini Protini, and I realized how much I *really* love it.  Long story short, I have a full-size Protini once again, and I probably won't stray again this time around 😉  

Good luck deciding, but I don't think you can go wrong.

@Ericamp It got 5/5 stars on beautypedia.  Here's the review:

Spoiler

Drunk Elephant continues its streak of well-formulated skincare in suitable, user-friendly packaging with its Protini Polypeptide Cream, an anti-aging moisturizer that has a lot to offer to every skin type.

While Protini comes in a jar, it's an airless one (meaning you press down on its lid to dispense product) so its ingredients remain stable and effective, since they aren't repeatedly exposed to air or light (both of which can degrade sensitive ingredients over time).

This lightweight, almost gel-like moisturizer retains a creamy texture, sinking into skin for an immediate smoothing and softening effect. Another aspect we love: It's fragrance-free.

Most impressive, though, is the ingredients this contains. Drunk Elephant's labeling of this as a polypeptide cream is accurate; it's loaded with peptides, which are skin-restoring ingredients that, assuming they can reach their target areas beneath the surface, can help visibly firm and reduce wrinkles, fine lines, uneven skin tone, and dullness.

Protini Polypeptide Cream also contains several amino acids which complement the peptides by hydrating and infusing skin with the replenishment it needs to thrive. Marula oil is also on hand, and it's a good, non-fragrant plant oil, best for normal to dry/very dry skin.

All of this means that Protini Polypeptide Cream can live up to its claims of helping skin look and act younger, not to mention maintaining smooth hydration. While it's certainly not the least expensive anti-aging moisturizer, its formula is worth the investment.

PROS:
  • Lightweight, gel-like cream feels hydrating and smoothing.
  • Contains numerous peptides and amino acids.
  • Lives up to all its claims.
  • Packaged to keep its light- and air-sensitive ingredients stable during use.
  • Fragrance free.
CONS:
  • None

@Ericamp It is totally worth it! I love that it has a pump to avoid contamination. It moisturizes so well without being to greasy or heavy. I’ve bought 2 so far.

Oh, the hype is real with Protini @Ericamp! I love this moisturizer. It’s not too thick and instantly gives my skin a glow as well as plumps. I love using it over C-Firma! 

It is now my favorite moisturizer. I love that it does not make my skin greasy and leave my skin feeling “plump” after. I love it, but the price always makes me a little sad when I repurchase.

RE: Drunk Elephant - Protini Polypeptide Cream

@Ericamp I had a trial size of it and I loved it. I also like in the full size it is a little pump so your not getting germs into the jar
9 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 30 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing