Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
Anonymous Insider

Drugstore Skincare products for Sensitive skin?

I use to use the Clean & Clear Morning Burst with the beads all the time and never had an issue with my face feeling like it was on fire. Then I started adding on the Clean & Clear Night Relaxing deep cleaning wash and the blackhead eraser scrub (I have large open pores on my nose I am desperate to get rid of) I was also using the Burt's Bees rosewater toner, Ponds Dry Skin Cream Moisturizer and whatever face mask I had (lovedddd Lush masks 😍) I want to keep my budget down to maybe stuff at Walmart or Target but anything around that I'm okay with 😬

Re: Drugstore Skincare products for Sensitive skin?

I, too, have sensitive skin so I know exactly what you're going through! It's hard to find quality products that won't irritate your skin, but that also won't break the bank. Below are some product recommendations that are inexpensive products (all under $10) that are great for sensitive skin!

Cleanser: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser ($9.49 at Target)

• This cleanser was recommended to me by my dermatologist
  • Super gentle for sensitive skin, yet effective

Toner: Thayers Alcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera ($6.99 at Amazon)

• This toner is alcohol-free and infused with rose petals, which is soothing for sensitive skin
  • It also comes in original, lavender, and cucumber (although the one with rose petals is best for sensitive skin)

Moisturizer: Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture Sensitive Skin ($9.49 at Amazon)

• This moisturizer is very gentle for sensitive skin
  • It is also non-comedogenic, meaning that it will not clog your pores, so it is safe for acne-prone skin as well

Face Mask: Avantara Get Out Face Mask Set ($8.99 at Target)

• This is a set of three sheet face masks for uneven, blemished, stressed skin
  • There are two other varieties: Wake Up (for dry, mature, discolored skin) and Punch Up (for delicate, tired, dry skin)

Facial Spray: Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe Herbs and Rosewater ($7.00 at Amazon)

• This facial spray is super soothing and hydrating for sensitive skin
  • It also comes in a cucumber and green tea variety, but I wold stick to the rosewater for sensitive skin

Nose Strips: Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips ($7.99 at Target)

• These nose strips are great for cleaning out pores and overal minimzing the look of pores
  • They also make these same pore cleansing strips for the forehead, too, if that is an area that is prone to large pores and blackheads for you as well

I really hope that these recommendations help! I have used them and they have been great for my sensitive skin on a budget. 

RE: Re: Drugstore Skincare products for Sensitive skin?

Do you know any under eye creams or under eye sticks that are cooling and freshening
Anonymous Insider

you are seriously a lifesaverrr! i have trouble searchin for stuff specifically ☺

@Anonymous, check out Neutrogena naturals purifying facial cleanser.  Less harsh than clean and clear, but good for a deep cleanse that helps keep breakouts at bay.

@Anonymous I agree with @Anonymous and @m3rc3d3s 🙂

My roommate has extremely sensitive skin and absolutely loves the cere ve cleanse. I have a bit of sensitivity but would not consider myself as having sensitive skin... that being said I have used it occasionally and not had any problems... do I enjoy it more than my korres greek yogurt cleanser... no, but the price is right for the cere ve cleanser ! hope this help 

Anonymous Insider

Cere ve is a great brand for sensitive skin.  Cedaphil is also a great brand.  Neutrogena also produces some good product.  Make sure what you're choosing is tailored for sensitive skin, or at the very least, unscented.

Anonymous Insider

so what should I be looking for when finding new products? Any specific ingrediants I should stay away from?
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing