Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Dr Jart reviews look…interesting?

The holiday sale is coming up so I’ve been browsing through skincare to see if there was anything new I wanted to try. I started checking into the Dr Jart cicapair line because I have rosacea and it seems to be aimed toward people with redness. I hadn’t tried it before because I usually try to stay away from scented stuff (I am actually sensitive to fragrance occasionally) but I was willing to give it a shot. I went to check out the reviews and they were pretty good! However, I noticed something. About half of the reviews for most products in this line ended with something like “works best when paired with (another product from cicapair line.)”

Now, this seemed pretty strange to me.  I’m aware that that whole “conveniently works best when you buy way more of our stuff” thing is purely a marketing concept often pushed by brands on the instructions of their products. I’m also under the impression (and please correct me if I’m wrong,) that most real consumers, especially people who are into skincare enough to be reviewing products on Sephora, use a variety of products from a variety of brands. I wouldn’t find this odd if maybe one or two people reviewed the products using this identical format (positive review promising fast results, ending on call to buy more Dr Jart products.) However- almost half of the reviews are like this. It’s just not language or a way of thinking that I see like, normal humans using in regards to skincare.

I’m not new here; I know that fake reviews are common. I’m also aware of reviews in exchange for free product, a process in which brands could also provide a list of “talking points” that they want the reviewer to hit. Am I naive to think that Sephora was even TRYING to combat this stuff? To me, these were pretty obviously not people who simply purchased a product and then decided to review it. The repeated format and strange language in the reviews make that almost impossible.  I feel like Sephora could, I don’t know, catch that? I didn’t just find this product by digging around on the site- this was actually recommended to me by Sephora. And finally, is Dr Jart a known offender for this kind of underhanded behavior and I’m just too unaware? Who are the other big offenders for this? I was so irritated, I actually took one of their products out of my cart that I was planning to buy. Dr. Jart+ Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Serum Dr. Jart+ Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Cream Dr. Jart+ Mini Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment 0.5 oz/ 15 mL 

Re: Dr Jart reviews look…interesting?

I recently bought the mini in this Dr. Jart+ Cicapair line. I was amazed with using the three products after I washed my face with another cleanser. The following day I used to just the Sercombe and a different moisturizer ironically I broke out with larger red patches. I never really thought about mixing I am was an aesthetician so I am not foreign to this area however up to date I’m a little bit lagging lol. I’ve had this redness of hyper pigmentation since an allergy to a medication. Most other tests other than the dermatologist have come back negative including my underlying cause of mild lupus, I am going to see a dermatologist shortly I can’t wait.

I  have to let you know that this kit definitely has helped a lot with bringing down the inflammation it did sting a bit in the patches patches on my cheekbones but it didn’t last very long the correcting treatment for redness is one of the only redness products that’s actually looks like it neutralizes i still had some cake looking and it did turn oily but I looked at is as dewey I haven’t tried foundation with this product because all foundations are burning my skin at the moment till the dermatologist tells me what my options are to be able to enjoy the beauty of makeup and me again. 

I’d have to say I would recommend this and that the three might have a balancing formula in why they work so well together. I never even thought about it until I read your review that I switched out the moisturizer the one day and exactly what happened of what you said in your review so the only other thing I can suggest is using the serum waiting for the serum to fully dry and then apply a different serum wait to dry and then apply a noninvasive moisturizer see if that works.

But for myself being a somebody who’s in acute redness, inflammation with no determination (go figure) the three work well together to allow some reduction and confidence in yourself as you face the World with the art most people could pass judgment in negativity from ignorance. 

Laura 

Dr. jart products are amazing for rosacea, eczema, psoriasis, Lupus flare, etc. My son has eczema & psoriasis & acne and I have Lupus and we both love Dr. Jart. I have pretty fair skin and my son has medium with olive undertones in his skin and it matches both are skin tones. Yes, it is pricey but lasts a long time and doesn't cause further irritation (many skincare lines make flares worse). Look for holiday bundle to try products in smaller sizes. Be well!

@mrsbackdatashup I think you're right to question reviews, esp. with how easy it is to plant hype. Personally, I've moved to video reviews by people with similar skin or wealth of experience, if that's something you'd find easier to trust. Sample kits are also my favorite way to try things, having "sensitive skin" myself (eczema & PIH).

If it's of help, my personal finding is that Centella is a great calming ingredient! And you can find it in a lot of Korean skincare. -- Doesn't have to be Dr. Jart. I *have* tried most/all of the Cicapair line and would buy some of it again. Which items are best sorta depends on your routine & preferences. (ex. I like the mist & repair mask since I already have serums, but also use the SPF on my neck sometimes.)

I hope you find what works for you!

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing