From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Does my Drunk Elephant TLC Framboos Glycolic Serum hate me?

I've been using the TLC Framboos Glycolic Serum from Drunk Elephant for the last couple of weeks (it's the only new thing in my routine). And I've been breaking out way more than usual in my chin, cheeks, and jaw area (breakouts are usually rare and only a few spots a month around my period). I initially used it every night but have since reduced the usage to once every other night or every three days or so.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Is this the normal purging process or do you think that my skin just doesn't agree with this product and I should stop using it?

For background, I have combination skin that borders on oily. I was on Accutane about 4 years ago and it cleared up my skin (besides the minimal hormonal breakouts). My nighttime routine usually includes a double cleanse (first with the Tatcha Camellia Cleansing Oil to remove makeup) and then with either the Korres Greek Yogurt Foaming Cleanser, the Tatcha Rice Enzyme Powder, or the Cerave Combination Facial Cleanser (depending on how my skin feels). I follow that with eye serums, the Tarte Knockout Tingling Treatment, and the Fresh Kombucha Facial Treatment Essence. When I use the TLC Framboos, I follow it up with a moisturizer (usually the Fresh Rose Deep Hydration Face Cream) mixed with a few drops of The Ordinary Rose Oil. In the mornings, I wash with water or a cleanser (depending on how many products are on my face/if I used an overnight mask), apply eye serums, tone with the Fresh Rose Toner, and follow up with the Kiehls Vitamin C Serum. Final step is my IT Cosmetics CC Cream Foundation mixed with the Origins Willowherb Matte Moisturizer. 

Any thoughts would be super duper appreciated! I am freaked out by my skin freaking out...

Re: Does my Drunk Elephant TLC Framboos Glycolic Serum hate me?

@jamalio It sounds like you may be over exfoliating your skin. Try skipping the Tarte Knockout when you use the T.L.C Framboos (and maybe the day before and after if you still see an issue) and see if that helps things. I was over exfoliating for a long time without knowing it and when i stopped my skin calmed down in just a few days. Hope this helps!

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing