Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Do you use multiple forms of sunscreen?

Hi all! So I've been looking into sunscreen, and I still haven't found a liquid face sunscreen that doesn't make my skin oily or leave me smelling like sunblock all day. I currently just use the TARTE - Tarteguard Mineral Powder Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30and use that multiple times a day. 

I've been looking into the Amorepacific travel essentials: https://www.sephora.com/product/the-travel-essentials-P430340

But they have multiple forms! How do I keep up with using them all if I decide to purchase?

There is a liquid sunscreen, a mist, and a cushion. I can see using the liquid one after daily skincare routine, but then the mist and cushion could be both used for touchups. Where could I use both so I don't waste them and my money?

I've also been looking into the Lancer Sheer Fluid sunscreen so if you have any thoughts of this one or the Amorepacific, please let me know!

Re: Do you use multiple forms of sunscreen?

@SnugglePuggle94 - what are your sunscreen requirements? Are you okay with chemical or want mineral only? Alcohol, yes or no? Fragrance, yes or no?

As far as a liquid type of sunscreen, the Nivea Super Protect Water Gel SPF 50 PA+++ is quite cosmetically pleasing and can be found on Amazon. It dries very quickly and does have alcohol in it.

The Australian Gold Tinted Mineral Sunscreen SPF 50 is matte. I have normal skin and this is great for not looking oily. I would say you would love it but based on your picture I think you'll have the same problem I do - it's a bit dark and yellow for my skin. I'm thinking I might mix it with a sunscreen that normally leaves a white cast to get it closer to my shade.

Good luck and hopefully you'll get some great options!

@ShortErica I'm looking for preferably at least SPF 30, prefer mineral but not shut off to chemical, no alcohol and no fragrance. Also no tint.

I'll look into the Nivea one though. Thanks!

@SnugglePuggle94 You could try KOPARI - Sundaze Mineral Face Sunscreen SPF 30

I have SPF in my moisturizer and my foundation. I do not like sunscreen on it’s own, so I try to layer SPF with my products. It works pretty well... a few weeks ago we had a nice sunny day and the spot where my hair is parted got burned but my face didn’t! I haven’t tried any setting spray SPFs, I’ve been interested in that sort of product but haven’t found one I think I’d like yet. 

I just bought a makeup setting spray with SPF 30 by Coola.  It's so easy to use and holds makeup all day.  I love how it's not smelly and non-greasy.  COOLA Organic Makeup Setting Spray SPF 30 1.5 oz

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing