Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Skincare Aware

Dermatitis, Skin Reactions to Products, Skin Allergies - Post concerns, problems, potential solutions here

I thought I'd start a thread for people to post issues they're having with their skin that relate to dermatitis, reactions to certain products, skin allergies, and similar issues. I think having a central thread may help for sharing ideas and learning from each other.

I have super sensitive skin myself but have been on BT long enough to see that practically everyone has had a skin reaction to some product or another and sometimes sharing with others really helps narrow down the cause and solution. This thread isn't meant to be a place to post about the more common skin issues such as minor acne, wrinkles, etc. that we all experience, but rather a place to post about the more unusual ones relating to specific products/ingredients or longer term ones that are not related to age or hormones such as eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, dermatitis, and just the puzzling things that our skin does from time to time.

I'm not an skincare expert by any means and unless someone asserts that he or she is one, this thread is more of a place to share ideas and experiences rather than a place to seek definitive answers or treatment. 

Other helpful threads:

Bite Beauty allergic reactions: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Bite-Beauty-Allergic-Reactions/td-p/2413760

Re: Dermatitis, Skin Reactions to Products, Skin Allergies - Post concerns, problems, potential solutions here

I think the cause could be a combination of the products (some ingredients not playing well together) and/or trying too many new products at once. The latter is usually the case with people who have more sensitive skin, but skin can become sensitive all of a sudden such as this time of year when indoor air is so dry and it's cold outdoors.

I suggest that if you're really uncomfortable with pain or itching, you may want to see a dermatologist. The benefit of seeing the dermatologist is if your reaction happens to be something other than an allergic reaction, he or she will know. The dermatologist will likely prescribe a topical medication, which probably won't have the side effects that using OTC medications like hydrocortisone would have.

In the meantime, I suggest stopping all the facial products right now, just until the rash/bumps dissipate a bit. Then if your skin seems clear (or normal as it was a month or two ago), then restart the oldest/proven product first (the Fresh Rose line). Give yourself lots of time before trying the next product. You could do a patch test on your inner arm for the newer products separately (don't do more than one patch test at once) but results can be misleading because facial skin is sometimes more reactive than skin on inner arm. But patch test would be good idea for at least the MUFE foundation, as that's the product in your lineup (besides the Fresh line) that you're leaving on your skin for an extended period of time. 

That's how I'd approach it but if you do see a dermatologist, he or she may suggest a different approach.

Re: Dermatitis, Skin Reactions to Products, Skin Allergies - Post concerns, problems, potential solutions here

Most helpful treatments for perioral dermatitis?

Conversation Stats