Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Deodorant NOT antiperspirant - without harmful chemicals - Seeking recommendations

Hi,

I am looking for recommendations for a Deodorant (not antiperspirant) for kids (esp on PE days). Are there nay which are without the harmful chemicals? I don't want them to get started on antiperspitant this early.

Thanks for your suggestions. 

ETA - Reviving this thread rather than starting a new one as we have tried few and still in search of one that controls odor better for my younger one.

Re: Deodorant NOT antiperspirant - without harmful chemicals - Seeking recommendations

@naturalooks15 I have been very impressed with Hug Me deodorant by Blume. It effectively controls my odor and is a aluminum & fragrance free formula. It might be worth trying out! 

Re: Deodorant NOT antiperspirant - without harmful chemicals - Seeking recommendations

Good to know @bakeamuffin   Thanks for letting me know. @ShortErica has been seeing ads for this particular one and was interested to know personal experience. 

@naturalooks15 the geek in me is like we should have a group spreadsheet for the deodorants we've tried. Hahaha!

Haha.. for this one I agree. I so want this to work and not have tween start to use aluminium deo at such early age. My goal is to have them avoid it always if possible but when these don't work, it frustrates the kiddo as well as me. 

@naturalooks15   I received a sample of Farmacy Freshen Up All-Natural Deodorant 1.7 oz/ 50 g and it’s pretty good.  You will have to reapply during the day if sweating at all. I tried Toms too. It’s okay. Not sure about ingredients. 

@Indy701  Thanks for the info. From what I have read this one is nice but for someone in office/ AC environment. Might not work for my kiddo as she has PE and running around in school and as I mentioned best working one out of the lot is Kopari Gardenia.  

Deodorant NOT antiperspirant - without harmful chemicals - Seeking recommendations

crystal deodarant i recommend that one and its very affordable. it also doesnt leave a white residue

@naturalooks15 @WinglessOne @eshoe now that I've been googling, I keep getting ads for Lume deodorant. Have any of you heard or tried it?

Lol time for private mode @ShortErica, unless you don’t mind it. I get so annoyed when I accidentally click on something and then ads galore. I haven’t heard of this brand, though, to answer your question🤔

@eshoe I guess it's better the same ad and since I don't need more deodorant I'm not tempted to buy anything vs. other ads that might make me want to purchase. Looking at the bright side. 😉

@ShortErica  I’ve seen ads but haven’t tried it. I think it contains an AHA (mandelic acid)? Hmm. 

Interesting @WinglessOne. I'm laughing at all the ads I'm getting for natural deodorant now. I swear it's the *only* ad they will send me anymore!

@ShortErica  Ha, better that than having all my recently viewed Beautylish and Nordstrom items stalking me throughout the internet. 🤣 I miss the days before ad algorithms were so pervasive. 

If you ever try Lume, please share your feedback with us!

Will do @WinglessOne!

I haven’t heard of that one yet @ShortErica 

@naturalooks15  - Vanicream makes an unscented deodorant - it's a gel.  Their antiperspirant is a stick (also unscented).  

@MCSSavvy  unfortunately that one has aluminium. I am looking for one without. 

@naturalooks15  -  As I stated below, the deodorant gel does not.  It has 4 ingredients and not one is alum.  The stick does.  You indicated you were looking for deodorant not antiperspirant.   Here is the product info direct from Vanicream's website.

Ingredients - purified water, triethyl citrate, sodium polyacrylate, undecylenoyl glycine, sodium hydroxide

ENSITIVE SKIN FORMULA
Dermatologist Tested
Gel formula
Free of common chemical irritants found in ordinary deodorants such as: – dyes – fragrance – masking fragrance – lanolin – parabens – formaldehyde – formaldehyde releasers
Aluminum-free
Alcohol-free
Talc-free
Baking soda-free (Sodium bicarbonate)
No botanical extracts
Gluten-free

Thanks @MCSSavvy  I'll double check, must have looked at the wrong one when I googled. Yes looking for Deo for my kiddo not antiperspirant.

@naturalooks15  You're welcome.  It happens to us all.  I apologize if I wasn't clear in my first reply between the two other than their function as I thought I had.  In general, I use their barrier cream and Vaniply ointment.  I also have their antiperspirant.  I personally am not a gel fan.  The last two I was unable to find in stores my area but they do have an online store as well as a presence on Amazon.   Also, just a suggestion - to help prevent odor after a shower perhaps apply some corn starch to help keep the area dry.

47 Replies
Conversation Stats
testing